Disposition of disbanded elements (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room

FredSanford3 -> Disposition of disbanded elements (7/30/2011 2:43:47 PM)

If a unit is disbanded, do the elements return to the pool as individual squads and other elements? Or, do the elements also get dissolved and get returned to the manpower and equipment pools?

If the later, does that mean that the experience of the dissolved squads is lost, and they revert to whatever the national morale may be? It seems to me that trained squads should remain trained squads, they're not the same as untrained manpower.

Daveion Steel -> RE: Disposition of disbanded elements (7/31/2011 12:04:21 PM)

If you disband a unit then all the squads go into the manpower pool and will return as replacements at the national moral. I agree with you on the fact that the game should have a pool for trained troopers, maybe a future add on? but I have not seen any notes on this :(

davetheroad -> RE: Disposition of disbanded elements (7/31/2011 12:48:21 PM)

In addition what happens in the case of returning wounded? do they return to their parent units ar are they added to the manpower pool?

If they are added to the pool their experience is lost and anyway for a game that goes into great detail national differences in replacement and returning wounded procedures should be modelled.

Put it this way

If your panzer division has experience of 90 and suffers 10% casualties. The returning wounded would still have 90 experience.

In a similar way repacement equipment should not lower moralre or experience because equipment is inanimate and can't posses human attributes!.

FredSanford3 -> RE: Disposition of disbanded elements (7/31/2011 2:00:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daveion Steel

If you disband a unit then all the squads go into the manpower pool and will return as replacements at the national moral. I agree with you on the fact that the game should have a pool for trained troopers, maybe a future add on? but I have not seen any notes on this :(

Furthermore, I assume under the current system, if the squads/elements are dissolved back to the manpower pool, doe their assigned equipment go back to the armaments pool? So the rifles can magically morph into artillery, or vice-versa?

JAMiAM -> RE: Disposition of disbanded elements (7/31/2011 7:47:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Franklin Nimitz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daveion Steel

Furthermore, I assume under the current system, if the squads/elements are dissolved back to the manpower pool, doe their assigned equipment go back to the armaments pool? So the rifles can magically morph into artillery, or vice-versa?

No, the men in the squads/elements go into the manpower pool. The equipment goes into the item pools. They are then recombined when assigned as replacements.

The only way that things will "morph" is when obsolete equipment is converted to raw armaments points. Then they are added to the armaments pool and can be used for the new creation of the various things that armaments points are spent on.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI