Question about Soviet Guards (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

stone10 -> Question about Soviet Guards (7/30/2011 10:22:01 PM)

1.Is there a limit to the number of Guard Army?
Are the units that directly attached to Guard Amy receive a 10 pts bonus to national moral?(or 5 pts?)

2.Is there a limit to the number of Guard Airbase Units?
What is the benefit of Guard Airbase if most of my air units have a 90+ moral?

3.Is there a limit to the number of Guard support unit? Or they are treated the same as on map units?

randallw -> RE: Question about Soviet Guards (7/31/2011 4:00:00 AM)

I believe there is no morale bonus for units being in a Guards Army.

There may be no bonus for an airbase reaching Guards status either.

Klydon -> RE: Question about Soviet Guards (7/31/2011 4:08:27 AM)

Actually, the rules on the Guards Army have changed. It used to be they did nothing. Now under the new rules, I believe they work like shock armies in that they give any non guards unit attached to them a 5 bump to moral as long as they are not over command limits. 

randallw -> RE: Question about Soviet Guards (7/31/2011 4:12:26 AM)

Me tired, can't remember all rule changes. [>:]

ComradeP -> RE: Question about Soviet Guards (7/31/2011 11:58:48 AM)

There is a limit to Guards armies, at least there was a while ago, but I don't recall the precise figure.

I believe the same restrictions that apply to on-map units also apply to support units when it comes to Guards conversion, but there are some exceptions it seems as Heavy Tank regiments can all become Guards according to what Pavel said a while ago.

Jakerson -> RE: Question about Soviet Guards (7/31/2011 12:46:28 PM)

page 166. from manual:

quote:

While not exact, there are limits to the number of each type of unit (infantry, armour, mountain,
artillery, etc.) that may become guards units. The size of the unit may impact the percentages,
with larger units having more impact than smaller ones. There is no limit on the number of
cavalry or airborne combat units that may become guards units.
The limit for motorized type units is approximately 35 percent. For non-motorized type units,
the approximate percentage limit varies by year as follows:
1941 - 5 percent
January - June 1942 -10 percent
July - December 1942 - 17 percent
1943 - 25 percent
1944 - 30 percent

ComradeP -> RE: Question about Soviet Guards (7/31/2011 12:57:00 PM)

Yes, but those figures don't include the special cases or the army HQ's, which have their own limits.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI