Composition of core units (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps

Draghkar -> Composition of core units (7/31/2011 3:37:43 PM)

Hi all, I just want to know what core untis you buy and how many of each type you buy. I am planning to start a new game on general level and just want to learn from ypur experience !

Thanks in advance for your answers

Apollo1967 -> RE: Composition of core units (7/31/2011 6:03:55 PM)

I'm only up to the Kursk battle, but I have

4 pionieres in skdfz 251's
1 Fallschrimjaeger
1 Gebirgsjaeger
1 Grenadier in an skdfz 251
1 Bruckenpioniere in an skdfz 250
3 Tiger VIE's
1 Panther D
4 Panzer IVG's
1 Panzer IVG Elite Unit
1 sdkfz 232 8-rad
1 21cm towed arty
1 Sturmpanzer self-propelled arty
3 Wuhrframen 40 self-propelled arty
1 30cm Nblwf towed arty
1 8.8cm flak 36
2 Bf109G's
1 FW190A
1 Me410A
3 Ju-87D Stukas

terje439 -> RE: Composition of core units (7/31/2011 9:06:43 PM)

4 engineers
2 paratroopers
3 arty
3 scouts
6-9 tanks
3 tank destroyers
6 fighters
2 strategic bombers
4 tactical bombers

Then as the game progresses I would fill up with fighters and tanks/tank destroyers as needed.
The Paratroopers I tend to make as soon as possible which is Norway in the -39 campaign. I then take the two INFs with no transports and the highest exp and upgrade them to paratroopers.
When I start a map with this setup, I usually advance on three fronts, 1 engineer, 1 arty, 1 scout, 2-3 tanks, 1 TD in each front. That is usually enough, although the engineers will need the occasional "refill" of strength as they are the ones that assault cities and dug in AT-guns.
The engineers and arty I always give the higest/best/latest transport available.

Terje

Draghkar -> RE: Composition of core units (7/31/2011 9:18:03 PM)

Why do you use td and scout ? I intend to use just fighting units... ATM I realy dont see the use of TD or scouts. 

terje439 -> RE: Composition of core units (7/31/2011 9:31:41 PM)

TDs WILL save your life later on if you miss Moscow or Britain. When you get to 1943+ you will find some real beasts here. Granted the earlier ones are not that good, but I like to give them some experience before taking on some heavy Soviet/US/British tanks later on.

Scouts are good for a few reasons really;
-spotting. This way you reduce the chance to run into hidden units or attack a unit protected by arty
-move, stop, move. This is good when you scout so you do not have to run them into the shroud, but also for capturing a city and an AF with only one unit in the same turn, freeing up one unit to keep on the advance.
-slip between enemy positions and attack the arty in the rear (by moving, stopping. movin etc)
-take out allready damaged INF and arty (2-3 strength left) instead of waisting tanks or inf on that.

Terje

Apollo1967 -> RE: Composition of core units (7/31/2011 10:48:56 PM)

Just to add to what Terje posted, recon units are also great for grabbing multiple objectives in one turn when you don't want to waste the movement of a combat unit.

Dragoon. -> RE: Composition of core units (7/31/2011 10:53:11 PM)

Scouts are a great unit type with all the reason stated by terje439.
He actually wrote down exactly what I was going to say. Uncover of arty & AA, slip past units to attack arty, moping up etc. Obviously terje439 is a pro [:)]

terje439 -> RE: Composition of core units (8/1/2011 12:13:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dragoon
Obviously terje439 is a pro [:)]

Read my "blunders" post and guess again [:D]

Terje

SeaMonkey -> RE: Composition of core units (8/1/2011 1:44:17 AM)

WTH! I'm going to give away my secret force config just to get a post.......I should say NOT! [;)] We might be playing head to head someday.......for "Champion of the World".[:'(]

Draghkar -> RE: Composition of core units (8/1/2011 6:06:46 AM)

Thanks for your answers. Dont be afraid SeaMonkey, I will never play a online game ;) I am too afraid to do so ;)

SeaMonkey -> RE: Composition of core units (8/1/2011 3:39:48 PM)

Paranoia![X(]  Seems to be infective.[:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI