How do u construct a Mini Sub transport fleet. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

bk19@mweb.co.za -> How do u construct a Mini Sub transport fleet. (8/3/2011 5:08:26 PM)

I have been experimenting with building a Mini Sub Transport mission but I cannot get the interface to deliver what I would like. In all likelihood because I am not performing the operation correctly.

This is the steps that I followed so far. All operations at the Hiroshima/Kure base.

1. Create Midget Subs on the Base screen.
2. Create a TF with 1 SSX and set the mission profile to: Midget Submarine
3. Create a TF with 1 SS (I-159) initially selecting: Submarine Transport
4. After selecting done and this TF is created, I change the mission to Mission Sub Carrier.
Once that is done I then attempt to transfer in the SSX from the first TF into this one. The move into the fleet works as expected until the point when I check the 'done' button. The following error message is then displayed:

Midget Sub Carrier TF must have one Midget Sub and one Midget Sub Carrier.

Hmmm.....

After trying this again, but selecting an SSX currently in port but not assigned to a TF the exact same message is presented.

I should add that I was running V 1106I for this.
I have also taken the trouble to test this in the Beta P6 version as well and I get the exact same behaviour.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? [&o]

Cavalry Corp -> RE: How do u construct a Mini Sub transport fleet. (8/3/2011 5:35:06 PM)

You need one of the special Jap subs . They are cleverly not marked so someone else will need to tell you - crazy stuff .

Cav

Don Bowen -> RE: How do u construct a Mini Sub transport fleet. (8/3/2011 5:45:27 PM)

They are marked in the editor (lower right corner "Can Launch Midget Subs" checkbox). Nothing on the ship display because all the displays in AE have been filled to overflowing and choices had to be made.

bk19@mweb.co.za -> RE: How do u construct a Mini Sub transport fleet. (8/3/2011 5:57:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry

You need one of the special Jap subs . They are cleverly not marked so someone else will need to tell you - crazy stuff .

Cav

Thanks for the heads up.

Study of the editor definitions for SS I-16 versus the I-159 shows that the submarines are of different class.

This also revealed that SS of class 'Type C1' and prior to the August 1944 upgrade are capable of transporting mini-subs... There maybe other SS classes with this ability, if so I missed them.

Anyway this answers my question. [;)]

Puhis -> RE: How do u construct a Mini Sub transport fleet. (8/3/2011 6:46:57 PM)

Only I-16, I-18, I-20, I-22 and I-24 can carry midgets.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI