RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Mods and Scenarios

deckarudo -> RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released (6/21/2012 3:29:55 PM)

I play Panzer Corps' Grand Campaigns and I've made some changes, thanks to your great tool. But those changes aren't effective with my current campaign but only with new scenarios. Is there a way to change that?

Thanks!

kirk23 -> RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released (7/17/2012 7:22:31 AM)

Hi mgarnett I have just managed to get your editor to load my anti-virus software was blocking it,first impression look to be very interesting in fact this just might be the reason I will now go ahead and buy the full version of this game,I have been sitting on the fence,and reading the messages here in the forum,and it appears that the game is a must have for me now,thanks for all your hard work in creating this brilliant piece of software![&o][&o]

Is this the latest version and if not where is the link to download the newest version?

UPDATE = OK I TOOK THE PLUNGE AND PURCHASED THE FULL VERSION OF THE GAME AND IT WAS YOUR EDITOR THAT CONVINCED ME TO GET THE GAME.[:)]

[image]local://upfiles/36378/E08B24A5B1FE457392F88EC9B1D35EDB.jpg[/image]

kirk23 -> RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released (7/17/2012 9:16:19 AM)

Equipment editor showing in game art work.[:)]

[image]local://upfiles/36378/A9CA3BDDF5084011937BF0737802C613.jpg[/image]

mgarnett -> RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released (7/17/2012 10:43:43 AM)

Hi Guys,

Myu apologies for the late response, I've been out of the forum for the lasy few weeks. Thanks all for the kind words and please let me know if you have suggestions for improvement.

@deckarudo,

Can you let me know what steps you are taking to edit and save your data. That'll help me track down the problem if there is one or talk you through something that you might be doing wrong.

Cheers

Mark

VPaulus -> RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released (7/17/2012 1:09:24 PM)

Mark, prepare yourself, because with Afrika Korps we will need a little revision. [:)]

kirk23 -> RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released (7/17/2012 7:15:16 PM)

Does anyone know what the limit is for new additions to the equipment database,plus is there a limit for the in game unit art work,and if there is then what is it as I have been reading the manual and I either missed it or it does not say?

VPaulus -> RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released (7/17/2012 8:24:40 PM)

I don't think there's a limit for the equipment or the efx file.

kirk23 -> RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released (7/18/2012 10:52:44 AM)

Thanks good to know.

Erik2 -> RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released (7/18/2012 6:12:35 PM)

I have added equipment starting with ID# 10000 (to avoid usind ID#s included in future official eqp-files) so there appears to be no real limit like the good Von Paulus said.

mgarnett -> RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released (7/19/2012 3:13:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

Mark, prepare yourself, because with Afrika Korps we will need a little revision. [:)]

I stand prepared! That's why I haven't really updated the editor recently, I've been waiting for the next major patch to see what changes it makes to the way PzC stores data.

If anybody has any inside info, it would be good to know what changes are planned beforehand so I can get the new version out as quickly as possible.

Cheers

Mark

VPaulus -> RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released (7/19/2012 4:05:46 AM)

Mark I don't deal with the equipment so I don't know much. I've noticed there are three new columns:
Theatre, Usable Transports and Transport Category

In terms of efx file there's a major change. We've now a table of aliases.

# This file is used to assign various effects to units													

FormatVersion	2												

# Aliases
# These can be referenced from the next table.
# If a given alias does not exist, the game generates files names by adding extension to it.
#
# Alias	Anim file	Sound file
XXX	Infantry1	Infantry1
YYY	Infantry2	Infantry2
ZZZ	Infantry3	Infantry3

# Effects table													
# Assigns shooting animations and movement sounds to unit icons													
# Offset is used to properly align animation with unit's icon. Order is the same as in the unit icon file: big icon facing right, big icon facing left, small icon facing right, small icon facing left													
# Each unit can have up to 3 different animations, for ground attack and air attack separately.													
#	Offsets				Ground attack animations			Air attack animatons			Movement sounds		
# Unit icon	Offset1	Offset2	Offset3	Offset4	Anim1	Anim2	Anim3	Anim1	Anim2	Anim3	Sound1	Sound2	Sound3

In format 1, if, for example, we had an attack sound called "gun", we had also to have an animation file called "gun". A lot of times those animations were just copy, clones of the originals.
This way we can use the aliases table, avoiding to have more clone animation files.
If you want I can send you the efx file of my sound mod, already in the new format, for you to understand how it works.

Please pm if you want my file. I can give you also an equipment file.

kirk23 -> RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released (7/23/2012 9:25:02 AM)

I added the German recon BMW R75 bike to the game,it shows up in the all German units list,but not in the class 2 recon units list anyone know how that is?

[image]local://upfiles/36378/EA4070F60A894C4C96FEC2323293CF50.jpg[/image]

mgarnett -> RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released (7/24/2012 8:35:25 AM)

I would be very grateful if you could send through some file examples, that would help enormously in getting a jumo start n a new version.

Cheers

Mark

mgarnett -> RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released (7/24/2012 8:36:33 AM)

Hi Kirk,

I've sent through a PM.

Cheers

Mark

kirk23 -> RE: Unit Editor - New Version 0.2.0 Released (7/24/2012 10:44:52 AM)

Hiya Mark, I have sent a pm with files I hope they help cheers.[&o]

mgarnett -> RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.0 (8/20/2012 1:36:51 PM)

Hi Guys,

A new version of the editor has been uploaded.

Cheers

Mark

Dumnorix -> RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.0 (8/20/2012 3:27:12 PM)

Thank you Mark - you are the greatest !
BTW - how can I use different transport units for different units ?
Is this Transport Category - I write the name or the number of the unit here ?

The most new traits arent include or ?

H.Balck

mgarnett -> RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.0 (8/21/2012 11:59:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dumnorix

Thank you Mark - you are the greatest !
BTW - how can I use different transport units for different units ?
Is this Transport Category - I write the name or the number of the unit here ?

The most new traits arent include or ?

H.Balck

Hi All,

A new version has been uploaded.

@Dumnorix,

I've put some more information in the first post about how to use the "useable transports" list to edit a unit. Let me know if this wasn't what you were looking for and I'll try to help further.

Cheers

Mark

Dumnorix -> RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.0 (8/21/2012 1:10:22 PM)

OK Thank you,
One problem - if I open the editor 8.1 I get an error - than everything runs agian.
Also I can't see the last Trait entry reconmove ! Its very usable for light tanks and my own motorcycle transport units.

H.Balck

mgarnett -> RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.0 (8/22/2012 2:24:16 AM)

Hi Dumnorix,

The traits error is now fixed in version 0.8.2.

Cheers

Mark

planner 3 -> RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 (8/22/2012 5:17:32 PM)

mgarnett: Thanks, one question, where do I install it after exraction ?

VPaulus -> RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 (8/22/2012 10:31:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: planner 3

mgarnett: Thanks, one question, where do I install it after exraction ?

You don't install. You can copy the folder to any place in your hardisk and for example create a shortcut of PzCEdit.exe in your desktop. So basically, you just have to execute PzCEdit.exe.

mgarnett -> RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 (8/23/2012 12:59:49 PM)

Yep, as VPaulus says, just put into any folder you like and double click on the EXE.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Cheers

Mark

planner 3 -> RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 (8/23/2012 5:17:13 PM)

Thank you, I was not sure it was not a change to the Editor Manual, my bad. Danke, Gracious, Merci, and bye now

mgarnett -> RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 (8/25/2012 7:49:49 AM)

A new version has been uploaded

Cheers

Mark

mgarnett -> RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 (8/29/2012 1:33:31 PM)

Hi Guys,

A new version has been uploaded.

Cheers

Mark

mgarnett -> RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 (8/30/2012 7:35:21 AM)

More new features added.

Cheers

Mark

Dumnorix -> RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 (9/8/2012 3:54:21 AM)

OK - I gave this editor a full chance to bring up my Modern War Corps to level Africa Corps patch 1.10......but...
I can't see the new unit transport entrys - the editor write right, but I can't set the transport classes for every unit - I cant see the new entrys in the editor.

Not usable yet !

H.Balck

mgarnett -> RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 (9/20/2012 11:49:15 AM)

Hi Dumnorix,

I've looked through the editor and I can't find any problems. I'll send you a PM, but I can't see any bugs with the transport classes.

If you can give me an example or explain how I can reproduce the error I'll have a look at it.

Cheers

Mark

Dumnorix -> RE: Unit/FX/Campaign Editor - New Version 0.8.2 (10/3/2012 7:56:23 AM)

I can't add specific transports.

H.Balck

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI