Benefits of Bombardment Attacks? Are they worth it? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

TommyBoy84 -> Benefits of Bombardment Attacks? Are they worth it? (8/9/2011 6:12:03 AM)

I've been playing WITP for a few years now, but am still a relative novice when it comes to PBEM's. My Japanese PBEM opponent in a CHS 159 game just took Singapore in mid-January '41.

I built up as many forts as I could at Singapore before he arrived, and set every unit I could to bombard when he got there. Here's my question: When it comes to defense, should I bombard the heck out of him as much as I can, or will I fare better defensively just setting all units to take a defensive posture instead of bombarding?

turkey -> RE: Benefits of Bombardment Attacks? Are they worth it? (8/13/2011 9:10:01 AM)

I would say as long as you have sufficient supply, keep bombarding him. It will increase disruption in his units and wear away his supply. When he comes to assault you, he will get lower combat odds an d take more causalities. Once your supply is low, maybe at the dark orange point, stop and prepare to meet your maker.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI