Victory and Prestige (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps

tomar -> Victory and Prestige (8/14/2011 10:50:09 AM)

Is there any way to check victory conditions when in a scenario (not at the start of the turn)

How does prestige gain actually work ?
I've been playing the Ardennes scenario in MP as the allies.... In one game I suddenly got some 5000 points, then 4000 more.... In another game, I got none of that...
generally it would be nice to know how much prestige you can expect to gain during a given turn (assuming no cities are taken/lost)

ccsdc83 -> RE: Victory and Prestige (8/14/2011 11:42:35 AM)

Well I think the Ardennes gives the Allies a lot of prestige to simulate the aid that started to come to them once their high command realized it was more than just a counterattack. Not sure how it works in the game as a whole though, but I am sure a dev will chime in.

El Condoro -> RE: Victory and Prestige (8/14/2011 12:34:22 PM)

There are a number of ways to get prestige in a scenario:
  1. Capture a flag = 50 points
  2. Capture a Primary Victory Hex (gold border) = 100 points
  3. Scenario per turn prestige = depends on the scenario but it will be constant per turn (e.g. 20 per turn)
  4. Scenario event triggered = depends on the scenario but should be included in the victory conditions at the start of each turn.

So you can see getting a turn-by-turn breakdown of prestige can be a bit tricky. There has been a request to make victory conditions available during a turn but it has not been implemented yet.

Razz1 -> RE: Victory and Prestige (8/14/2011 3:41:09 PM)

Ardeness is not a multi-player map, hence no advice.

Not balanced map. Do not waste your time on single player maps with another player.

soldier1 -> RE: Victory and Prestige (8/15/2011 1:06:46 AM)

I actually quite enjoy playing the single player maps in MP... Very tough to win and sometimes get flogged but not a waste of time. I like having a historical context in my battles which is something the fantasy MP scenarios don't have and don't forget you can always give the disadvantaged side a handicap which might help even things up.
I've even managed to win some of them.

jomni -> RE: Victory and Prestige (8/15/2011 6:38:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Razz

Ardeness is not a multi-player map, hence no advice.

Not balanced map. Do not waste your time on single player maps with another player.

But the situations in the balanced multiplayer maps are "cheesy": US vs. UK, Allies vs. USSR.
Not much WW2 content. These scenarios don't catch my attention.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI