Records (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps

histgamer -> Records (8/15/2011 6:00:59 AM)

I heard reading the comments on one of the trailers for this on you tube that this game is breaking all sorts of sales records for Slith and Matrix... Is this true? I hope so, really love when games like this succeed. Especially a remake of probably my favorite wargame of all time.

jomni -> RE: Records (8/15/2011 6:10:52 AM)

Well it actually brought down the Slitherine server. [:@]

histgamer -> RE: Records (8/15/2011 6:21:53 AM)

Thats good right? hahaha

Josh -> RE: Records (8/15/2011 9:17:27 AM)

Personally I never expected this record sale. I mean, there must have  been a zillion remakes of PG, and all of a sudden this one hits the sweet spot... [&:] I am very very interested to know if buyers are new to the game, new wargamers, or is it the old crowd buying sweet memories? Ofcourse I hope the first option; a new wargaming audience.  

histgamer -> RE: Records (8/15/2011 11:47:00 AM)

I played PG a ton when I was young, I never found a remake that was very compelling. I use to listen to talk radio all day from age 13-15 while also playing PG... I can't say I have seen a remake that appears this well done until now and I will probably be buying this game. That said PG I and PG 3D Assault were the only games in the franchise that I ever purchased. PG 3D seemed to gamey for me, I liked the table top old feel of PG I and thought the later releases at least from an observer standpoint lost the epic supreme commander tabletop feel of the first one. 

Cleansweep -> RE: Records (8/21/2011 8:09:52 PM)

I'm one of the old crowd. I've played (and I'm still playing) all the old variations of PG except Star General (that always crashes) and Fantasy General (which I did not know). I've also tried some remakes (and played Battle Isle, which I think to be older than PG), but I was really overwhelmed about hearing, that there will be a really new game based on the old standards. I've downloaded it on the third day, it was available - and it's great ! I'll hope, that Matrix will continue and extend this game with many extension packs. I will buy them all.

terje439 -> RE: Records (8/22/2011 1:52:34 PM)

Played;
-Panzer General
-Pacific General
-Fantasy General
-Allied General
-Panzer General II
-People's General
-Panzer General III - Schorched Earth
-Panzer General 3D
-Panzer General Forever (which I did not play that much since I could not load games)

Of the above, only the first 3 and Panzer General II did I find fun. So when this game was released there was nothing to think about. It was an instant buy. Cannot say I regret it either [:)]

Terje

greykemp@gmail.com -> RE: Records (8/27/2011 2:29:46 AM)

Never played People's General. Have played all the rest. PG III - SE and Fantasy General were/are my favorites. Why buy this one? Because its a game COMPANY which means it get's a wider player base and has easier mechanics (install, updates, etc) than PG Forever. Hope they keep it up.

flakfernrohr -> RE: Records (8/28/2011 4:10:24 PM)

I bought my first PzGeneral game and SSI Titles when most of the members of the forum were probably still in diapers, but............despite my love for the big three, PzG, PzGII and PzGIII, this game is so much better it is like a candle compared to a searchlight. The other thing that is so wonderful for gamers is that the developers have left the door open so to speak for modifications and actually advise and assist players in developing modifications. I saw this extensively with Company of Heroes and IL-2 Sturmovik. This keeps the game fresh and interesting and gives it "legs" to last and be popular for a very long time with a loyal following.

I have ALL of the IL-2 expansion packs licensed to work with IL-2 and even had a friend get the ones in Europe that I could not get here in the USA. I will buy every expansion pack that is made for this game and download almost all of the custom scenarios and campaigns. This is the sort of stuff I "collect".

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI