Help- lost the game disks (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

tiger111 -> Help- lost the game disks (8/15/2011 3:17:58 PM)

This on the behalf of my brother (rob-brennan uk..active on the AAR site) who is awaiting a new computer. He has discovered that he has mislaid the original game disks. (which came as part of the Hard copy option on purchase)

He has registered the game in the members area.We think we can retrieve the access code from there.Not sure when he purchased the game.

Can he download the game files from your site?.

Pascal_slith -> RE: Help- lost the game disks (8/16/2011 8:55:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Augustas

This on the behalf of my brother (rob-brennan uk..active on the AAR site) who is awaiting a new computer. He has discovered that he has mislaid the original game disks. (which came as part of the Hard copy option on purchase)

He has registered the game in the members area.We think we can retrieve the access code from there.Not sure when he purchased the game.

Can he download the game files from your site?.

If he has his serial number and purchase date he can contact Matrixgames directly (see the main website) and see directly with them. The tech support forum isn't a sales support forum. Plus, as soon as he's got his new computer (or even access to one) he could post his own message. Yours looks a lot like a phishing message...

Terminus -> RE: Help- lost the game disks (8/16/2011 1:13:30 PM)

Besides, if he really HAS lost his disks, why the hell doesn't HE make the post himself? Rob is a longtime, respected member of this community.

m10bob -> RE: Help- lost the game disks (8/16/2011 4:48:27 PM)

Amen.

witpqs -> RE: Help- lost the game disks (8/16/2011 8:45:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Besides, if he really HAS lost his disks, why the hell doesn't HE make the post himself? Rob is a longtime, respected member of this community.

Augustus posted in Rob's AAR that Rob's computer fried and the new one is not expected until late this week.

tiger111 -> RE: Help- lost the game disks (8/17/2011 12:43:24 PM)

For the attention of Pascal, m1obob, and terminus.

For your information I am Rob Brennan`s brother and was trying to get some info whilst he gets his new computer.

The attitude of the 3 people above STINKS. Shame on you all [:@] [:@]

Only a big thankyou to witpqs.

Ulua -> RE: Help- lost the game disks (8/18/2011 5:31:56 PM)

I recently purchased the game with Hard copy option, and was able to download the game files straight away. Combined with the serial number in a confirmation e-mail, I was able to play on the same day.

I guess the phishing attempt could be made if one were to solicit the serial number from sales support, but I'm sure they would only e-mail the member's last known address on record anyway and you've mentioned you're only interested in the game files itself.

Good luck to your brother.

Pascal_slith -> RE: Help- lost the game disks (8/20/2011 5:03:33 AM)

quote:

For the attention of Pascal, m1obob, and terminus.

For your information I am Rob Brennan`s brother and was trying to get some info whilst he gets his new computer.

The attitude of the 3 people above STINKS. Shame on you all [:@] [:@]

Only a big thankyou to witpqs.

There is no way to verify your words. Anyone here can claim to be someone else's relative. The best advice is for Rob to get on another computer, even at an Internet cafe, log into the forum and post with his login so his ID appears. Otherwise his best bet is to call Matrix Games directly.

There have been other phishing expeditions in this forum in the past. I certainly do not have a bad attitude; I'm am simply being prudent and encourage you to be too.

tiger111 -> RE: Help- lost the game disks (8/22/2011 6:23:14 PM)

PASCAL I AM NOT PHISHING!!!!!!

If you could be bothered to read the previous posts you would why I posted to start with.

I resent being labeled as "phisher", and yes your attitude and your ability to read simple English is terrible.

I will not have anything to do with you or Terminus again.

Pascal_slith -> RE: Help- lost the game disks (8/23/2011 2:41:23 AM)

quote:

PASCAL I AM NOT PHISHING!!!!!!

If you could be bothered to read the previous posts you would why I posted to start with.

I resent being labeled as "phisher", and yes your attitude and your ability to read simple English is terrible.

I will not have anything to do with you or Terminus again.

As I advised earlier, get Rob on any old computer so he can access his email account and send an email to Matrixgames support. This should clear any concerns and get access back to a copy of the game.

And my command of English is quite well, thank you.

LoBaron -> RE: Help- lost the game disks (8/24/2011 6:44:26 PM)

Augustas is Robs brother.

Phishing post? Seriousely? Account created 2005, the latest of his posts are in our AAR keeping me up to date
with Robs PC situation, he did not even ask for a PW or something!
Is it possible to investigate for 5 mins before starting with accusations? Thank you.

Sorry Augustas, sometimes the forum paranoia is seriousely off the mark. [:-]

Whisper -> RE: Help- lost the game disks (8/24/2011 8:32:59 PM)

Before John moved away, I sometimes posted over his network and used his login, with his agreement. I always said it was me and not JWE, and never got hit for it.

I understand the paranoia but there is no back door here to help Augustus except show him where to go. There is nothing to worry about. An honest answer is a good thing. Tell Rob to contact Matrix. Tell Rob to give his details to his brother and let augustus contact matrix. No phishing, no paranoia. Good all around.

Jeremy

tiger111 -> RE: Help- lost the game disks (8/27/2011 5:44:36 PM)

Thanks Lobaron and Whisper.

All I was trying to do was to help Rob and save some time...........

P.S. It was I who bought Rob a copy of Uncommon Valor (and myself) when it first came out.

Rob Brennan UK -> RE: Help- lost the game disks (8/29/2011 6:41:52 PM)

all sorted out thanks to great Matrix support staff [&o][&o]

To confirm any future doubting tomas's (Terminus) , augustus is my brother and dont be so dismissive and mistrustful in the future please.

PaxMondo -> RE: Help- lost the game disks (8/29/2011 7:25:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Brennan UK

augustus is my brother and dont be so dismissive and mistrustful in the future please.

I think the issue was there was so little likeness between you two. [:D]

Rob                                 Augustus

[image]local://upfiles/29386/223C5B6DD455452DAA9E64D7327AC91E.jpg[/image]

PS: Welcome Back!!!!!!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI