Need help creating a testing scenario (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

Graymane -> Need help creating a testing scenario (8/19/2011 12:56:05 PM)

Hi everyone! I'm doing some testing on engineers using a modified scenario 11 Marianas. I basically just whacked out the Jap units so the turns would go faster without any combat.

I would like to try this with scenario 1 or 2. Is there some easy way to remove or make inactive all or most of the Jap units (and I suppose US units) without clicking through each and every one? Would removing the AI scripts do the trick?

Also, is there a way to change island characteristics like the whether it is 6000, 60000 or unlimited or is that baked into the game itself?

inqistor -> RE: Need help creating a testing scenario (8/20/2011 8:35:45 AM)

Export Scenario in WITPloadAE, and change arrival dates of every LCU, plane, and ship to 1946 (just set whole column).

If setting this date for bases will not break a game, it will be easy enough, if not, you will have to write a query (something like =IF(NOT_BASE, 460101, OLD_VALUE))

Andrew Brown -> RE: Need help creating a testing scenario (8/20/2011 12:23:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Graymane

Hi everyone! I'm doing some testing on engineers using a modified scenario 11 Marianas. I basically just whacked out the Jap units so the turns would go faster without any combat.

I would like to try this with scenario 1 or 2. Is there some easy way to remove or make inactive all or most of the Jap units (and I suppose US units) without clicking through each and every one? Would removing the AI scripts do the trick?

Also, is there a way to change island characteristics like the whether it is 6000, 60000 or unlimited or is that baked into the game itself?

If I am testing one particular thing using a scenario, don't want to modify it beforehand, but want the turns to pass quickly, I set all aircraft (land and naval) to training, and all LCUs to rest, for both sides. This is done using the buttons on the top menu bar. For scen 1 all this leaves are a few attacks than still occur on turn 1, plus a small number of ongoing land combats following initial Japanese invasions. These few remaining things could be removed by modifying the scenario and removing or (more easily) "rerouting" the initial Japanese Tfs.

Plus minimise the message delays and get rid of the combat animations and reports, of course.

Andrew

Graymane -> RE: Need help creating a testing scenario (8/20/2011 1:16:12 PM)

Thanks everyone, I'll try those suggestions!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI