A.I follows Fog-of-War rules ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps

KarlXII -> A.I follows Fog-of-War rules ? (8/20/2011 4:02:48 PM)

Do anyone know if the A.I adheres to the Fog-Of-War rules or is it only the player that gets punished ?

Is there any short-key to deselect a unit ?

Horseman78 -> RE: A.I follows Fog-of-War rules ? (8/20/2011 4:44:31 PM)

It most definately does....I've managed more than 1 ambush against the AI and more than one unexpected contact in the air [:)]

Josh -> RE: A.I follows Fog-of-War rules ? (8/20/2011 7:42:33 PM)

AI fog of war sure works, leave a bomber just in sight of an AI unit but protect it with 1-2 fighters of your own that are out of sight of enemy units ---> blammo! Same works for "hidden" Artillery behind your units.

Short key for deselecting units: "backspace" on your keyboard.

KarlXII -> RE: A.I follows Fog-of-War rules ? (8/20/2011 7:52:29 PM)

Thank you ! It is good the A.I abides to the same rules.

El Condoro -> RE: A.I follows Fog-of-War rules ? (8/20/2011 11:02:48 PM)

It follows FoW too well. I have a custom scen where the AI recons, of all things, will run into ambushes over and over if the weather is not clear. It seems to expect it can see 2 hexes and assumes the unseen hexes are not occupied. Makes creating a SP scenario more difficult because you have to beef up the AI forces to ridulous levels. Just one stupid thing it does...

greykemp@gmail.com -> RE: A.I follows Fog-of-War rules ? (8/21/2011 6:40:48 PM)

Of course, you as a player NEVER assume that. Your forces inch forward one hex at a time in bad weather....Riiiiiggggghhhhhttttt. I think the AI does an excellent job, with the small exception of occassionaly leaving a strong defensive position to make an attack. On the other hand, that is often random and sometimes messes up my manuver plan, and inflicts losses I wasn't anticipating so many it's not ALL stupid :)

Erik2 -> RE: A.I follows Fog-of-War rules ? (8/22/2011 9:46:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DigIn

.... with the small exception of occassionaly leaving a strong defensive position to make an attack.

I wonder if this may be a scenario-design issue as you can set units to AI behavior: 'Hold Position (passive)', ie not leave their position.
At least defenders on primary objective locations should be given this order.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI