Japanese playable? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

General Fear -> Japanese playable? (8/22/2011 3:50:33 AM)

I have not bought SPWaW yet.

Can you play as a Japanese player? How about US Marine?

Are there Pacific campaigns?

Alby -> RE: Japanese playable? (8/22/2011 11:39:18 PM)

Yes to all your questions

JEB Davis -> RE: Japanese playable? (8/24/2011 3:17:10 AM)

You don't need to buy SPWAW, it's a free game.
You're paying for the mega campaigns if you buy from Matrix.

Download links are here:

http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/sp_waw.htm

KG Erwin -> RE: Japanese playable? (12/30/2011 5:39:31 PM)

Yeah, the Pacific battles/campaigns in SPWaW are all excellent. There's just not enough of them, unfortunately. I still regret that there wasn't another Pacific Mega Campaign besides Watchtower. I'd lobbied for a "With the Old Breed" mega which would cover New Britain, Peleliu and Okinawa, but alas, support for the megas ended with "Screaming Eagles". I was one of the fortunate folks who contributed to that one, for which I will be forever grateful. [&o]

As for the Japanese, they are tough opponents, especially when using the Enhanced Version of the game and "Low Carnage" settings. I hate 'em (in the game), but they've definitely earned my respect. It is little wonder that the USMC constantly upgraded their TOEs during the period 1942-45, as the Japanese became evermore fanatical after they switched to defensive mode and started building bunkers and fortifying caves. As the Marines, you literally have to blast & burn the Japanese out.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI