RE: A Different Strategy? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

Peltonx -> RE: A Different Strategy? (8/29/2011 3:42:54 PM)

The fort rules will keep the front more fluid until 43. I thk at this pt it will be hard for both sides to do much.

The Red army will still beable to bleed the German army, it is just going to take longer then 1.04.

There is not a level 4 or 5 fort that cant be taken with some art and eng's. German or Russian. So any fort belt can be pushed back. The size of the red army come late 43 will be huge, UNLESS the german player was able to destory allot of industry during 41(more then historical) and destory allot of units during 42.

The German player is still going to have to play the perfect game and the Russian player make a few mistakes during 41 and 42 to have a chance for a draw or win under 1.05.

The thing I really like about 1.05 is that if the German player does much better then historical and the Russian player doesn't know the game mechanics or plays poorly then the German player will have a chance to VP during 43.

Also all things being equal the Russian player that plays good should still be able to get a least minor victory under 1.05 if he loses Leningrad and does about historical as far as production lost.

Pelton

Peltonx -> RE: A Different Strategy? (8/29/2011 3:49:47 PM)

Under 1.05 I beleive usersatch it might be possible, but you still have had to destory atleast 100 arm pts during the 41 summer.

Under 1.04 bleeding the Russian dry thing was 100% not possible even if you destoryed 140 arm pts as I have done in some games.

Under 1.04 you had to destory atleast 100 arm pts AND capture atleast 150 units during 42.

Pelton

Michael T -> RE: A Different Strategy? (8/29/2011 10:35:46 PM)

Pelton your concept at how to play this game is so completely different to mine that it is pointless to debate you. Secondly I neither have the time or inclination. I prefer to spend my time playing. I can only say I have played 7GC as German and 5 GC as Soviet and won all against a range of opponents of varying skill. Your take seems very mathematical and stats based. Mine is more about the art of war and a feel for what is happening. It works for me. Bottom line is you have strong views about things that I think are *sometimes* a little biased/exaggerated. I am just letting other players know there are other points of view.

heliodorus04 -> RE: A Different Strategy? (8/29/2011 10:36:03 PM)

I share some concern with 76mm that 16 AP fortified zone creation is prohibitive and becomes a major strategic consideration.

Maybe it will turn out to be worth doing in only a few areas, and it's fine in terms of tradeoff balancing (AP versus defensive strength). Maybe FZs cost creation will have to be reduced (and while we're at it, can we DECREASE the cost to motorize a division, and INCREASE (slightly) the cost of HQ buildup?).  It might also be that the Soviet pays 16 up to (to be arbitrary) August 1st 1941, and 4 AP thereafter, or some such.

But overall, Fort effectiveness had to be addressed downward, so now we'll see.  It'll make me look forward to playing the Soviet again if it's challenging.

Redmarkus5 -> RE: A Different Strategy? (8/30/2011 4:20:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pelton

The game is wieghted heavly in the Russian favor and the VP conditions are a joke to say the least. As long as the Russian player simply trains out Arm PTS and runs from the Germans during 41 they win. The German player can capture Leningrad/Moscow/Tula to Rostov and still get steam rolled in early 44.

Brother, I have been saying this since Day One. I hope the devs are listening to you... I am not a good enough player to get anywhere as the Axis in '41, but playing as the Soviets I rarely break a sweat.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI