Scenarios (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series

mllange -> Scenarios (9/3/2011 4:53:57 PM)

I used to own this series of games, years and years ago. I vaguely remember enjoying them, but have little recollection of the details. Based on my memories and the favorable response seen in the Matrix community to date I will likely re-purchase the series through Matrix (no idea what happened to my old disks).

I'm curious as to the activity of the mod and scenario community. I've read positive comments about the scenario editor, but there do not appear to be many scenarios listed on the forums. Are folks keeping there scenario creations to themselves at this point, or is there a secret scenario database I don't know about? Also, in terms of the stock scenarios, I don't see many from the east front - (2?). Any particular reason why there is a dearth of east front scenarios?

PirateJock -> RE: Scenarios (9/3/2011 8:13:53 PM)

I'm not sure that I've seen any completed player created scenarios yet - although there is WWI mod in progress and a game conversion (Tactics II). I am quite sure that there is isn't a secret scenario database [;)]

I keep thinking I should try and create something - currently I'm toying with getting started on an Operation Goodwood map. Just need a bit of time and focus. I've used the editor to create test maps and it is very easy.

Cheers

junk2drive -> RE: Scenarios (9/3/2011 8:36:36 PM)

Always best to wait for the official patch first before getting creative. The game comes with quite a few scenarios already.

Fred98 -> RE: Scenarios (9/5/2011 9:37:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PirateJock

I keep thinking I should try and create something - c

Many scenarios are 30, 40 or 50 turns long.

I have already learnt that you can take any scenario, rename it and then easily edit it.

The things to edit is the number of turns and the value of the VLs - to balance the edited scenario.

-

Nebogipfel -> RE: Scenarios (9/5/2011 5:30:23 PM)

I´m pretty sure there will be more scenarios in future, because of this easy to handle editor.

But you get so many scenarios with the game, that most people like me seem to be busy.....[:D]

Just wait.......

Wolfe1759 -> RE: Scenarios (9/8/2011 11:08:16 PM)

Lets not

Rosseau -> RE: Scenarios (9/9/2011 12:43:42 AM)

I typically tweak each scenario that comes with the game before playing it, but not worth posting it, of course. Like they said, it comes with so many....

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI