Anti-Aircraft issue (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Tech Support

Herr_Braun -> Anti-Aircraft issue (9/11/2011 9:34:54 AM)

I am doing the Ardennes Scenario in the main campaign and bought a couple of 8.8cm flaK 36 units.
The problem is at least one of them isn't support firing when it should.
The weather is clear and the fighter attacking one of my infantry units is only 2 hexes away from the AA unit. The AA unit is in the right mode and when the end of turn finishes I can fire at the fighter.
I haven't used any mods so it is a clean install.
What is going on, is this a bug?

mentatt76 -> RE: Anti-Aircraft issue (9/22/2011 3:27:22 PM)

I experience the same.

IainMcNeil -> RE: Anti-Aircraft issue (9/22/2011 3:58:29 PM)

Defensive fire only applies to adjacent units.

Herr_Braun -> RE: Anti-Aircraft issue (9/24/2011 5:45:06 PM)

Why is support fire only for units next to you? No other game of this type does it that way, you get full range cover in PG and the like.
It pretty much makes AA useless and not worth buying if it can only protest adjacent units as I can't possible protect my units with artillery fire and AA.
It is not much better for Artillery at least it has a bit more use as it can fire in bad weather when a bomber can't.
Sorry but that is bad design as far as I am concerned.

IainMcNeil -> RE: Anti-Aircraft issue (9/27/2011 9:39:43 AM)

This is the way defensive fire is designed to work. This applies to all defensive fire not just AA. It would be far too powerful otherwise.

Erik2 -> RE: Anti-Aircraft issue (9/27/2011 11:25:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

This is the way defensive fire is designed to work. This applies to all defensive fire not just AA. It would be far too powerful otherwise.

Artillery as well?
I think artillery units support within their range if I am not mistaken.

Erik

AceDuceTrey -> RE: Anti-Aircraft issue (10/4/2011 9:59:48 PM)

AA should definitely be excluded from the "adjacent" support restriction! Virtually all the light (25mm or less) and medium (47mm or less) were actually distributed, usually as batteries, to regiments/brigades. I.e., they covered a large area (division sized area). A good simulation fix to this would be to eliminate the adjacent requirement and to give all AA a three (3) "hex" range- they should fire at full strength at 1 hex/adjacent, half strength at 2 hexes and one-third strength at 3 hexes.

IainMcNeil -> RE: Anti-Aircraft issue (10/5/2011 9:35:56 AM)

All units only fire adjacently. This is just the way the game works. Air units woudl be useless if defensive fire could stretch 3 hexes from an AA unit. You can fire offensively on those units in your turn.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI