Noob Issue: Loading custom scenario (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support

MPHopcroft1 -> Noob Issue: Loading custom scenario (10/2/2011 5:01:16 PM)

I have been invited to play is a custom scenario as my way of getting my feet wet again. I have downloaded the scenario and done what the other person suggested I do to get it into the game. However, the game menu doesn't recognize the scanario.

What I did was that I unzipped the scenario zip file into a new folder called Custom. The original zip file is still there. The bmp and .SCE files are in that directory. There was a subfolder which I copied to the Graphics folder as I believe I was told to. The problem seems to be that when I go to the opening game screen and try to select the new scenario nothing shows.

I don't know whether I did something wrong, whether there's another step I need to take, and so forth. I made the download yesterday and should be in 3.4.

Bill Earley -> RE: Noob Issue: Loading custom scenario (10/2/2011 8:43:58 PM)

WHen you are at the open new game screen you can click the "HQ" button.
YOu will then be able to select the directory in which you placed the .sce file.
The eqp file (and I guess any other auxilliary files - not sure on this)
should be in a folder named the same as the .sce file in the graphics folder of the game folder.

MPHopcroft1 -> RE: Noob Issue: Loading custom scenario (10/2/2011 9:12:09 PM)

The scenario I loaded (from a third-party site) consists of four files:

The SCE file
A PDF file with an explanation of the scenario
A BMP containing a picture of a guy with a machine gun
A file folder containing an EQP file and a BMP file called MapOptional2

My opponent insures me the scenario file I downloaded (Anzio 1944 @ 2km) is complete and that he can load the scenario.

I don't know about that. And this is a bad thing becuase there are quite a few custom scenarios I want to try.

murphz -> RE: Noob Issue: Loading custom scenario (10/2/2011 10:34:39 PM)

yes, the scenario is ok.

It could be version problem as i said by email, try update toaw with the latest patch maybe...otherwise really don't know whats happen [&:]

MPHopcroft1 -> RE: Noob Issue: Loading custom scenario (10/2/2011 10:47:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: murphz

yes, the scenario is ok.

It could be version problem as i said by email, try update toaw with the latest patch maybe...otherwise really don't know whats happen [&:]

I finally sorted that part out -- for some reason my brand new download is version 3.2.2. I'm trying to download the patch right now but it isn't working (the download, not the patch). This could delay things by quite a bit.

murphz -> RE: Noob Issue: Loading custom scenario (10/2/2011 10:51:47 PM)

so i think that the problem could be that..let me know when you finally update if you can load the scenario.

MPHopcroft1 -> RE: Noob Issue: Loading custom scenario (10/9/2011 11:13:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Earley

WHen you are at the open new game screen you can click the "HQ" button.
YOu will then be able to select the directory in which you placed the .sce file.
The eqp file (and I guess any other auxilliary files - not sure on this)
should be in a folder named the same as the .sce file in the graphics folder of the game folder.

The Europe 1944 scenario in playtest does not include an eqp file. Nor do I see a subdirectory in which it would be contained.

Is that particular scenario unusable as it stands? That seems likely to me.

governato -> RE: Noob Issue: Loading custom scenario (10/9/2011 11:33:50 PM)

Europe44 uses the standard equipment file. So one just needs to place the .sce file in the scenarios subfolder of his choice and it will be recognized by the game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI