Starting A Multi-Player GC (Scn #1) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted

Rugens -> Starting A Multi-Player GC (Scn #1) (10/9/2011 1:16:39 AM)

Hello all. Would like to start a multi-player Grand Campaign (Scenario #01).

It looks like we have two Allied players and one Japanese player interested.

Allied #1 - PresterJohn
Allied #2 - grisouille
Allied #3 - *** Open ***

Japanese #1 - Carl Rugenstein
Japanese #2 - *** Open ***
Japanese #3 - *** Open ***

Please post if you are interested. My only request is that if you sign up, please consider that there will be five other people counting on you so please make sure you are in it for the long haul if you do choose to join. My largest frustration with the PBEM games I've been in is that an individual chooses to play a bit aggressively and then big surprise looses some carriers and decides to quit becasue it's just no fun for them anymore. My desire is that we should all have fun and enjoyment for a very long time.

My thanks to grisouille for writing up the options below. They seem a good starting point. As others join please feel free to comment. For myself the only one I've a question on out of my own ignorance is the last condition regarding altitudes. Would be thankful for education & opinion on it.

Since this is my first multi-player pbem would also be grateful for guidence from those that have tread this path before.

Allied damage control : on
Player defines upgrades : as you wxant
Historical first tuen : on
December 7 surprise : on
Reliable usn torpedo : off
Realistic R&D : on
No unit withdrawals off

Home rules :
1. China Bombing
No strategic bombing in china till 44
2. POLITICAL POINTS
Permanently Restricted Units must not cross national Borders.
Full PP for transfer of units from restricted HQs
i.e. PP to move out of Kwantung/Manchuko, India & China.
No switching land unit to air HQs etc. to do this cheaply
Full PP to transfer units from restricted HQs to allow movement across
borders.
Thai forces can not move out of 3 hexes of their national frontier.
3. INVASIONS / LAND COMBAT
No airdropping 1 squad via airdrop.
Only allow landings/invasions at dots hexes or bases.
No use of portions of parachute units to seize hex's
No unit fragment to cut off retreat, Units blocking retreats must be of
realistic size (brigade or above).
Only airdrop a unit on a target if it has at least 40 Prep Points on
the target it’s dropped on
4.AIR COMBAT
Maximum mission altitude for fighters resticted to band with maximum
maneuverability.

Dan Nichols -> RE: Starting A Multi-Player GC (Scn #1) (10/9/2011 2:58:31 AM)

I would be willing to play a part of the Japanese Empire.

montgomeryjlion -> RE: Starting A Multi-Player GC (Scn #1) (10/9/2011 3:09:01 AM)

I'm up for either side, though would prefer Allies.

Otto Weddingen -> RE: Starting A Multi-Player GC (Scn #1) (10/9/2011 10:12:29 AM)

than I'm going at last to the Japs side......

PresterJohn001 -> RE: Starting A Multi-Player GC (Scn #1) (10/9/2011 10:42:44 AM)

The altitiude rule limits the height at which planes can fly as the higher aircraft has an advantage, lackign such a rule it becomes common for all aircraft to be flown at their max altitude which is unrealistic.

I'd also suggest a restriction on allied naval 4e bombing, something like no allied 4e naval missions below 6k, except for navy 4e units. (ie no skip bombing from army 4e's).

Need to agree a version to play, i like the beta just fine

Bill Durrant -> RE: Starting A Multi-Player GC (Scn #1) (10/9/2011 10:47:16 AM)

I would like to join as Allies - I have no experience as Japan but if pushed........

PresterJohn001 -> RE: Starting A Multi-Player GC (Scn #1) (10/9/2011 11:15:06 AM)

Looks like we have all the places provisionally filled now.

Dan Nichols -> RE: Starting A Multi-Player GC (Scn #1) (10/9/2011 11:52:29 AM)

I vote to use the latest beta version of the game.

Otto Weddingen -> RE: Starting A Multi-Player GC (Scn #1) (10/9/2011 4:01:48 PM)

yes, let's play with the latest beta. In there are many good thinks....(also not special at the latest, in all Beta's meaning)

Rugens -> RE: Starting A Multi-Player GC (Scn #1) (10/9/2011 4:32:39 PM)

If everyone could send me a PM with your name, email address, and country I'll put a list together and email to everybody so we can get into contact and get organized.

Thanks,

Carl

DOCUP -> RE: Starting A Multi-Player GC (Scn #1) (10/10/2011 1:21:36 PM)

Good luck to you all

Roger Neilson II -> RE: Starting A Multi-Player GC (Scn #1) (10/10/2011 1:45:40 PM)

Just a suggestion folks, the biggest single slow down factor in any multiplayers I have done is the wait while people pick up their part of the turn. If you use something like Dropbox to house the turns as opposed to emails you may be able to operate a rule where any of the players of side a (if its their turn) can pick up and do their part then drop the game save unfinished back for another player to pick up and do, only when the third player on the side is done dos the game become saved and the files made available again via dropbox or equivalent to the opposition. It should, in theory, avoid a turn languishing in a player's email inbox when another could be doing their bit.....

Hope that makes sense, email me if you need further help with this idea.

Roger

Rugens -> RE: Starting A Multi-Player GC (Scn #1) (10/15/2011 5:39:46 AM)

Hello Roger,

Thank you very much for the help on Dropbox. It will be a great help. Very easy to set up as well.

Roger Neilson II -> RE: Starting A Multi-Player GC (Scn #1) (10/15/2011 6:07:58 AM)

No worries, hopefully it works as intended and speeds up the game for you all.

Roger

nashvillen -> RE: Starting A Multi-Player GC (Scn #1) (10/16/2011 12:52:53 AM)

Please let us know how this works out as I would be interested in doing such a thing sometime and would like to see the dos and don'ts of such an endeavor.

Thanks!

xnavytc -> RE: Starting A Multi-Player GC (Scn #1) (10/21/2011 7:38:39 PM)

would love to know how this works out, still playing against the AI always though playing multiplayer would be something to try, and to learn how to do stuff, working with experienced partners. Good luck to all of you.

Tran ET1(SS)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI