Game freeze (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918

FrankHunter -> Game freeze (10/16/2011 8:20:21 AM)

I've been told that a customer is seeing the game do absolutely nothing (freeze) after orders and naval. Says it freezes at the very first battle phase.

Is that person on the forum? I don't have your email.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm trying to recall if I've heard of this before but I don't recall.

SMK-at-work -> RE: Game freeze (10/18/2011 5:54:53 AM)

not something I recall experiencing - I do get occasional freezes - the latest one is, IIRC, towards the end of 1916!

Dieselhead -> RE: Game freeze (1/27/2012 9:32:24 PM)

Hi!

Another WW1 buff reports for duty! I just purchased a download copy of this very interesting game, shame on me that I seem to be couple of years late. But it's ok. Game is great and all...I just can't get past the first turn. Pretty much what Frank tells in the first post.

Game freezes and the info bar in the game tells: August, 1914 / Impulse 2 / Barrage / and on the right side it just says "Busy". It's been like that for an hour or so now... I tried to find some info via google but couldn't find anything. I'm going to try to re-install GoA to see if it helps.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Cheers!

Edit: Eh...I don't feel like I'm the sharpest knife. It was all about game resolution. I took 1920 x 1440 when I should've take 1920 x 1080. Because of that the battle report screen below the map was cut out totally, so I could'nt see or click that -> next button during barrage/battle. Everything works just fine and I absolutely love this game :)

USSLockwood -> RE: Game freeze (8/18/2012 8:15:52 PM)

I'm experiencing the same thing at the same point in the game.

edit: Saw the edit in the previous post-same problem, same solution.

Moltke71 -> RE: Game freeze (11/14/2012 10:31:18 PM)

I took 1920 x 1080 and still can't get down to the reports during barrage.

Moltke71 -> RE: Game freeze (1/2/2013 4:17:13 PM)

I figured it out. You should set your desktop resolution to one that closely matches one offered in the game. You get the full screen, allowing clicking on the arrow button in the combat reports. The game didn't freeze; players simply couldn't get to that arrow. This problem wasn't evident in the smaller, ;ow-res monitors of 2007,

HKlinkhamer -> RE: Game freeze (11/25/2021 1:39:03 PM)

I'm the customer that reached out. It sounds like that is probably the issue. I had similar ones with other games so should have thought of that.

Thanks for the quick response and help.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI