Big Time PC Help Needed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

CCB -> Big Time PC Help Needed (10/27/2002 8:06:55 PM)

I installed this IMSI Print Workshop 2002 program last night because I thought I could use it to make some great graphics. Man was I ever wrong. It converted all my files (pics that I downloaded from the Internet) to .ART. I can't use that, so I quickly unistalled it.

BUT all my downloaded pic files are still .ART's!! And now when I d/l a new one it saves it as a .ART file!

HELP! Is there a way to change this, to convert all my saved pics back the way they were and so that when I d/l new ones they won't be saved as .ART files? :confused:

davewolf -> (10/27/2002 8:59:51 PM)

Are you AOL user?

CCB -> (10/27/2002 9:02:54 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by davewolf
[B]Are you AOL user? [/B][/QUOTE]

yes :o

Kraut -> (10/27/2002 9:12:51 PM)

This site should help you:

http://www.rebelartist.com/help/purchasing/art_extension

davewolf -> (10/27/2002 9:17:42 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CCB
[B]yes :o [/B][/QUOTE]
My condolences... :mad:

Well, the BIG solution would be to get rid of AOL, but I guess that's kinda off topic.

I'm not an AOL expert. So I don't know if I can really help you. I only used it less than 24 hours some time ago. That was lon enough to cancel the "service"...

It's not absolutely clear to me what you mean with "downloading pics". Right-click a pic and save as? If so and you don't have a chance to save as whatever you wnat, it's obviously an AOL prob. In any usual browser you shouldn't have such restrictions.

However you could look for Paint Shop Pro (there are downloadable trial versions out there) or something similar. They should be able to convert the files. Can't say it exactly at the moment. Here at home I "only" have Fireworks which is able to do it. I'll be able to test Paint Shop Pro tomorrow at work.

Hope all that helps in any way.

davewolf -> (10/27/2002 9:18:51 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kraut
[B]This site should help you:

http://www.rebelartist.com/help/purchasing/art_extension [/B][/QUOTE]
Someones always faster (/more helpful)... ;)

CCB -> (10/27/2002 10:12:10 PM)

[QUOTE]Right-click a pic and save as? [/QUOTE]

Yes. Up until I installed (and subsequently uninstalled) the IMSI photo software, I was able to 'save as' and then open, view, and even edit it with the Paint program that came with the PC (along with W98SE). Now I can't open, view, or edit it. :(

Thanks Kraut. I'm going to try the settings outlined on the page you gave.

Thanks too davewolf. :) I signed a three year contract with AOL when I purchased my PC - sign 3 yrs with AOL and get half the purchase price of your PC back. Sounded too good to pass up. I haven't really had any problems with AOL, but then again I'm pretty much a PC/Internet novice.

I've d/l the Pro Paint Shop 7. Just installed it this morning. I'm going to be giving that a try out too!

Kraut -> (10/27/2002 10:47:34 PM)

You are welcome.

If that doesn't work look if there's a decompression program integrated into the AOL-software or if AOL offers one.

Brigz -> (10/27/2002 10:53:56 PM)

When you right click on a graphic or picture it will give you an option to save the file. Notice that there is a drop down window that will give you the choice of saving it as an .art file or a .bmp file. I never save files as .art, only as .bmp because it is much easier to convert .bmp files.

CCB -> (10/27/2002 11:36:54 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dave Briggs
[B]When you right click on a graphic or picture it will give you an option to save the file. Notice that there is a drop down window that will give you the choice of saving it as an .art file or a .bmp file. I never save files as .art, only as .bmp because it is much easier to convert .bmp files. [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=4]YES![/SIZE] Thanks dude! :D!

I also did this (and on my own!)

Settings

Folder Options

File Types

ART File

Edit

Open Edit

Application used to perform action:
Internet Explorer

[I then changed the icon to ues the Internet Explorer icon, but not necessary.]

And that got me back to where I was before. With the exception that now my PC no longer "Generating Preview" (opens a small window on the left showing the pic. I'll figure that one out later.

Thanks to EVERYONE again! :D

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI