Unity of Command (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Unity of Command Series

SeaMonkey -> Unity of Command (10/22/2011 5:48:45 AM)

Well????? Are we going to see a forum launch for discussion of the impending release?[&:]

budd -> RE: Unity of Command (10/22/2011 6:31:14 AM)

was wondering also

gunhojr -> RE: Unity of Command (10/22/2011 6:34:52 AM)

im already a beta tester for this game its awesome game

Duck Doc -> RE: Unity of Command (10/23/2011 4:00:33 PM)

Maybe we should pour into the streets chanting, "Unity of Command Forum Now, Unity..."![:D]

sabre1 -> RE: Unity of Command (10/23/2011 4:14:27 PM)

^ Now that's funny, and I'm trying hard not to respond.

LarryP -> RE: Unity of Command (10/23/2011 6:03:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sabre1

^ Now that's funny, and I'm trying hard not to respond.

Bet that's tough... [:'(]

Obsolete -> RE: Unity of Command (10/24/2011 2:39:13 AM)

Mmm, I'm just curious where Dale H got his avatar from, haha!

Duck Doc -> RE: Unity of Command (10/27/2011 5:32:17 PM)

UoC thread now! UoC thread now! UoC thread now! Sound of tramping feet & tomatoes splashing against police shields. The crowd surges & the chant rises. UoC thread now! UoC thread now...

Terminus -> RE: Unity of Command (10/27/2011 9:24:48 PM)

Gee, I hope it's worth all the excitement...

Duck Doc -> RE: Unity of Command (10/28/2011 12:14:28 AM)

It looks good from the game site. The gameplay trailer & the previews done at wargamer.com look good as well. The developers announced a release Nov 15. This is close. Would like but do not require some more info. I would probably purchase it on the basis of the trailer alone because it looks intriquing (& because the trailer is so well done) if the price is right. Will probably wait for initial reaction on this board however. The silence about the game is a bit worrisome though. Why not toot your horn & try to drum up some business?

And, golly gee, I hope so to.

There haven't been too many Matrix Games releases that have interested me I have purchased that I have not been happy with. I could enumerate them but it would probably not be relevant. They are the exceptions to the rule.

I guess we'll just have to wait & see.

I am really not trying to provoke anything. It is mostly tongue in cheek. Can't you tell?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Gee, I hope it's worth all the excitement...

pzgndr -> RE: Unity of Command (10/31/2011 1:32:29 PM)

So are we going to see some more about this new release or just wait to be surprised on Nov 15? There's nothing here at Matrix or over at Slitherine, and nothing new on the developer's forum either. [8|]

Or could be simply be... fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency?? [:D]

Anguille -> RE: Unity of Command (10/31/2011 2:08:15 PM)

Can we play the game on a netbook?

Thanks

Hanal -> RE: Unity of Command (10/31/2011 5:02:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anguille

Can we play the game on a netbook?

Thanks

Someone needs to say hello first before such questions can be entertained, for right now, we're just spitting into the wind......[;)]

sabre1 -> RE: Unity of Command (11/1/2011 2:08:51 AM)

I personally prefer dust in the wind.

Anguille -> RE: Unity of Command (11/1/2011 9:45:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: J P Falcon
Someone needs to say hello first before such questions can be entertained, for right now, we're just spitting into the wind......[;)]

Now...that's disgusting [:'(]

SeanD -> RE: Unity of Command (11/1/2011 4:23:02 PM)

Hey guys,

We'll set up a forum for UoC shortly. In the mean time you have already taken the initiative and set up a thread. :-)

Let me introduce the lead developer Tomislav (forum name 2xTom) who can field any questions you may have for the time being!

2xTom -> RE: Unity of Command (11/1/2011 4:36:28 PM)

Hello all,

we're very happy as a team to be here on Matrix! I'll be hanging around to take any questions you might have. As a starter, here's some relevant links about UoC:

Main Site:
http://unityofcommand.net/

Some explanations of game mechanics on the blog:
http://unityofcommand.net/blog/

List of preview coverage so far:
http://unityofcommand.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=142

Cheers,

Tomislav

Anguille -> RE: Unity of Command (11/1/2011 5:15:37 PM)

Hello Tom,

Welcome on the forums...

The game looks interesting

ps:Does it work on a netbook? thanks

2xTom -> RE: Unity of Command (11/1/2011 5:20:59 PM)

Ah, the question [:)]

It does work on a netbook. The minimum screen resolution required is 1024x600. It's a bit crowded on a screen that small, but perfectly usable.

Anguille -> RE: Unity of Command (11/1/2011 5:28:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2xTom

Ah, the question [:)]

It does work on a netbook. The minimum screen resolution required is 1024x600. It's a bit crowded on a screen that small, but perfectly usable.

Thanks!

There were high chances for me to get that game, now it's a day 1 purchase...can't wait to play it.

PS: The brother of my grandfather was in the 6th army and fought in Stalingrad...he was one of the few to come back when they released the prisonners. It seems he had manager to become the responsible for the camp's library which probably saved his life.

2xTom -> RE: Unity of Command (11/1/2011 5:37:38 PM)

Well, I certainly hope the game doesn't disappoint, especially with all the interest that seems to have built up. We did our best to make it both approachable and historically accurate (within limits of the game system), and the feedback so far has been very positive. Fingers crossed...

Your connection to that period is interesting. Your relative was very lucky to survive through it all.

Anguille -> RE: Unity of Command (11/1/2011 6:22:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2xTom
Your connection to that period is interesting. Your relative was very lucky to survive through it all.

Indeed he was...even though his health was badly affected. He never talked about this period of life.

pzgndr -> RE: Unity of Command (11/1/2011 6:48:14 PM)

Yea! Looking forward to the gameplay, but I do have a quick question about the graphics. Will Nato-style unit counters be offered or are the 3D-ish sprites easily modded? I'm not too concerned but I would rather have the traditional counters. And others are far more picky than me. Thx.

2xTom -> RE: Unity of Command (11/1/2011 6:55:00 PM)

We will not be offering the option of NATO symbols ourselves, but the game is easily moddable in that respect.

Also re:modding, we made no attempt whatsoever to hide things from modders, so all sorts of things are possible. We do not promise to actively support mods though, only to... not get in the way [:)]

Duck Doc -> RE: Unity of Command (11/12/2011 3:49:17 AM)

Getting excited about the release. Are we still on for November 15? How does weather affect the game? What can air power do?

2xTom -> RE: Unity of Command (11/12/2011 7:46:22 AM)

Well first of all the weather does not affect the release so even though it's rather gloomy when I look out the window, the release is still on track for November 15th [;)]

In-game, the weather affects movement, supply, land and air combat and the ability to dig-in. It is calculated per hex, and it's random but in line with the climate. There are times when this system yields more predictable weather (in winter it's uniformly miserable) and there are times when it's more unpredictable - just wait until you reach the Caucasus and you'll see.

Sometimes the weather becomes almost the defining element of the scenario. For example, in early spring scenarios there's a clear element of a race against the spring thaw especially for the Soviets as they attempt to go all the way to the Azov coast in their hypothetical end-scenario.

freeboy -> RE: Unity of Command (11/12/2011 4:50:44 PM)

is the game all smaller scenarios ..or are there larger campeigns.?

2xTom -> RE: Unity of Command (11/13/2011 10:11:22 AM)

Scenarios differ in size.. the smaller ones can be played in about half an hour. The bigger ones can take up to a few hours depending on how fast you play.

Campaign is played as a succession of scenarios in which you command in every battle fought by your side. You need a Victory in each scenario to progress, and sometimes a Decisive or Brilliant Victory is required. You earn prestige for good performance with which you can "buy" reinforcements but note that you cannot deviate from the historical OOB all that much. The game never veers into outright fantasy, although if you play well you can beat the historical outcome alright.

[image]local://upfiles/40050/1CF6BA7B2912400280A1DDA0489AFBAC.jpg[/image]

Duck Doc -> RE: Unity of Command (11/13/2011 3:27:05 PM)

Unity of Command reminds me of MMP's board game A Victory Lost in its scope & scale & a bit in the mechanics although the computer can offer a lot more. Any one else ever play A Victory Lost?

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI