Free Tank Shooter for Windows and Linux (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

junk2drive -> Free Tank Shooter for Windows and Linux (11/5/2011 2:50:22 PM)

I spotted this one today. Modern tank arcade type shooter, single or multi player. Fairly low reqs. Video on website. Did I mention free? Linux version?

http://www.tankatwar.com/

sabre1 -> RE: Free Tank Shooter for Windows and Linux (11/7/2011 1:03:28 AM)

Looks interesting J2D. Thanks!

junk2drive -> RE: Free Tank Shooter for Windows and Linux (11/7/2011 1:20:08 AM)

I installed it in Windows and didn't find a way to play single player. I think there is an update soon and maybe that will include it.

Goragg -> RE: Free Tank Shooter for Windows and Linux (11/9/2011 1:32:21 AM)

I suggets www.worldoftanks.com if you want to try an excellent mulitplayer tank shooter (free with an item mall)

junk2drive -> RE: Free Tank Shooter for Windows and Linux (11/9/2011 1:57:49 AM)

A lot of people seem to link WOT.

I figured out how to play Tank@war solo but didn't register to play.

junk2drive -> RE: Free Tank Shooter for Windows and Linux (11/10/2011 5:33:36 AM)

I got it working in ubuntu linux. Now to figure out how to play. WASD controls movement. Mouse shoots. I couldn't find any enemy tanks though.

junk2drive -> RE: Free Tank Shooter for Windows and Linux (11/27/2011 4:52:12 PM)

I figured this out. Solo does not mean single player vs AI. It means not on a team. You select Deathmatch from the server window. If it shows a number on the left, that means there is someone else on the map. The number on the right is the max number of players.

I joined in with two players, by selecting the default tank. I zoomed around, watching the mini map for opponents. Graphics were good and everything was smooth. I stayed in for a few minutes. Got killed twice and never killed anyone else. Not my cuppa but for free give it a try.

terje439 -> RE: Free Tank Shooter for Windows and Linux (11/27/2011 8:06:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goragg

I suggets www.worldoftanks.com if you want to try an excellent mulitplayer tank shooter (free with an item mall)

I've never paid more for a free game than I have on WoT, but I have alot of fun there, so I guess it is ok to pay [:)]

Terje

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI