mine warfare (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

yamato -> mine warfare (10/31/2002 12:46:01 AM)

Does anybody know how long it takes to lay mines. Still getting my feet wet with the game, but so far haven't seen my IJN surface minelayers lay a single mine, although have seen my subs
do it a couple of times. The manual is very vague on the subject.
Are there a required number of turns in a hex before the first minefield is layed there ? Also have noticed that if a sub has 0
ammo listed next to it's mines, for some reason I haven't been able to reload them in Truk.[IMG]http://www.combinedfleet.com/special8.jpg[/IMG]

Toro -> (10/31/2002 1:26:45 AM)

First, check to see that your ship/sub actually has mines onboard -- check the detail screen. If not, send them to Noumea/BB (Allied) or Truk (Jap) and refuel.

Second, make sure the ship is set for "retirement allowed."

Third, send them to where you want the minefield. If it's one of your ports, make sure they have a different Home Port (otherwise, they'll just dock).

Notes: a dot will appear in the top left of the port hex to indicate a minefield is there (red for Japan, green for Allied). Also, if laying in a port, you'll never get the message "conducting mine warfare." Don't worry about that. You can set an interim home port to allow the ship to refuel enroute, but don't set an open ocean spot or the ship will lay the minefield there.

I think that covers it...

Toro -> (10/31/2002 3:31:39 AM)

About the subs...

Sometimes, you have to disband the TF and then reform it to load the full load-out of mines. Try that. (This can go for MLs, too.)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI