RE: ETA on Legends? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

mbar -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/18/2011 5:27:28 PM)

As always, thanks for the info updates. I'm looking forward to this also.

J HG T -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/18/2011 5:37:34 PM)

Thanks Erik! That's great to hear!

I still have lots to do in Skyrim, but DW: Legends will definetly have priority when it is released. Also, I must start doing those AARs I promised.
Must enjoy Skyrin fully while I still can! *Runs back to exploring Skyrim*

Silex -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/18/2011 8:25:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

We have a likely gold master candidate. We'll be testing it over the weekend to be certain. If testing goes well, we will aim to release on next Wednesday, November 23rd.

Regards,

- Erik

awesome news :)

thx ![sm=happy0065.gif][sm=happy0065.gif][sm=happy0065.gif]

Igard -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/18/2011 9:50:11 PM)

Thanks Erik, let's hope all goes smoothly.[sm=innocent0001.gif]

ehsumrell1 -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/18/2011 10:02:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Data

EDIT: In fact, if you could delay it a bit I'd appreciate it [:D]

*runs quickly for cover*

Wow....you ALMOST got your beard 'stretched' for that one Data! [:-]

Not even the Briar Patch Nebula can hide you from that one!

Hawawaa -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/18/2011 10:03:10 PM)

Thanks Erik! I know what am... wait I'm on vacation until sunday... CRAP!

WoodMan -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/18/2011 11:37:55 PM)

quote:

Thanks Erik! That's great to hear!

I still have lots to do in Skyrim, but DW: Legends will definetly have priority when it is released. Also, I must start doing those AARs I promised.
Must enjoy Skyrin fully while I still can! *Runs back to exploring Skyrim*

Hehe, same here, I'm behind, I finally got friggin Skyrim working properly on my computer today after owning it since release day, I can't believe its such a friggin bug fest, you know that bit right at the start where the dragon roars in your face and you fall on the floor, well at the exact moment my characters head hits the floor I was getting CTD [:D]

I won't even go into the crap I had to go through to get the mouse working properly [:(]

...or the fact I had to download some japanese video program and have it running to limit my FPS either

Bottom line, Skyrim was something I was looking forward to greatly, but like pretty much every PC game I buy these days its been disappointing (so far).  Fingers crossed Legends continues in the fashion of DW and RotS and is not a disappointment like everything else I seem to buy these days.

MartialDoctor -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/19/2011 12:14:09 AM)

Looks like you guys can stop taking your chill pills now [:D]

Thanks for the news, Erik!  I look forward to checking this out in the near future!

Since you guys mentioned Skyrim, I've heard that it's a total console port.  What a shame...

feelotraveller -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/19/2011 1:09:05 AM)

That's excellent news Erik.

I'm curious to know what the difficulty slider modifies/effects. It's not population, or starting resources, quality of home system... etc., at least i assume so. It makes it harder or easier but how? Have you a brilliant AI which is progressively nobbled below very hard, or does the computer player get some sorts of bonuses/advantages? Or...?

Seeing as we are so close to Gold perhaps this could be revealed?

JAPridemor -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/21/2011 2:35:50 PM)

What is Legends?

j/k Cannot wait to buy this one.

JP

Dadekster -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/21/2011 9:37:27 PM)

Looks like it's about time to revisit Distant Worlds. Should just about be a brand new game at this point, it has come a long way looks like. [:)]

Probably won't get an answer on this, but are there plans to sell DW at some point with both expansions (Gold version etc) and if so how long? If so are we talking a year after this release or maybe something as soon as like an X-mas deal perhaps? Personally for me it's because I would rather buy a bundle since I don't have RotS and just have DW itself. I try (and usually fail) being smart about my money and buying both expansions just to see them bundled a month later at a reduced price would be a bit bothersome. I'd just give my original to a friend tbh...another potential customer down the road maybe [;)]

Anyways even a smattering of a hint would be appreciated. [:'(]

Erik Rutins -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/21/2011 9:57:52 PM)

No plans at present but it seems like a good idea in the long-run. I think the best time to get the current full set for a long time to come will be at the release of Legends, while the holiday sale is also in progress.

Regards,

- Erik

samspackman -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/22/2011 2:59:03 AM)

No breaking bugs over the weekend? Wednesday is still set to go?

Erik Rutins -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/22/2011 3:30:22 AM)

So far, it still looks good for Wednesday. That does not mean it is guaranteed, but it means it is probable. The final store QA is happening tomorrow.

Regards,

- Erik

RooksBailey -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/22/2011 4:08:45 AM)

Woot!  Woot!

[image]http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6226/fullastarscats.jpg[/image]

Shark7 -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/22/2011 4:11:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RooksBailey

Woot!  Woot!

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that....

[:'(]

RooksBailey -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/22/2011 4:19:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: RooksBailey

Woot!  Woot!

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that....

[:'(]

Something's going to happen. Something...wonderful. [sm=00000280.gif]

J HG T -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/22/2011 6:44:17 AM)

[image]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111120023327/fallout/images/3/31/User_lolbot.png[/image]

TAKE THEM NAOW!

Malevolence -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/22/2011 11:38:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Merker
You MUST NOT release it without a HUGE update to pirates. Pirates are one of the MOST IMPORTANT features of the game. They should get HUGE improvements, like their own black market economy, ability to become a syndicate and more. Distant Worlds exists only because of the PIRATES. Without pirates you simply don't have DW, period. They must be given thorough consideration and attention.
If you fail the pirates, you will find a jolly roger painted on your front door the day before you disappear without a trace....

[;)]

lwarmonger -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/22/2011 12:44:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malevolence

quote:

ORIGINAL: Merker
You MUST NOT release it without a HUGE update to pirates. Pirates are one of the MOST IMPORTANT features of the game. They should get HUGE improvements, like their own black market economy, ability to become a syndicate and more. Distant Worlds exists only because of the PIRATES. Without pirates you simply don't have DW, period. They must be given thorough consideration and attention.
If you fail the pirates, you will find a jolly roger painted on your front door the day before you disappear without a trace....

[;)]

Does that mean that pirates have received a huge update? Because I will be among the first to agree with Merker, that pirates have a lot of underutilized potential. Especially with the new character system, hunting down good old blackbeard who is operating off of a battleship that one of my less than friendly neighbors sold to him would be extremely interesting.

J HG T -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/22/2011 1:03:41 PM)

+1 on pirates. Being an old hardcore Peleng pirate I'm supporing everything that makes the pirates better and more involved in to galactic affairs.

cookie monster -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/22/2011 7:55:42 PM)

I just got my ass whooped in a naval trading game by pirates, they looted lots of my convoys till I had built up a convoy of 4 powerful ships to destroy them.

I was still building up so it took time to build the Pirate Destroying convoy.

Pirates can be a real pain when they are powerful ingame.

Erik Rutins -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/22/2011 8:50:11 PM)

Store QA looks good so far. I'd say we're up to a 95% chance of a release tomorrow. [8D]

Regards,

- Erik

Gelatinous Cube -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/22/2011 8:50:41 PM)

[&o]

Xanvast -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/22/2011 9:17:34 PM)

That's awesome [8D]

Silex -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/22/2011 9:19:47 PM)

so : next steps
[>:]  [&o] [:D]

DasTactic -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/22/2011 9:26:59 PM)

It's tomorrow already here in Australia. [8D]

mbar -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/22/2011 9:27:24 PM)

This is my happy face.[:)]

J HG T -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/22/2011 10:12:57 PM)

Sleep, eat, maybe work, DW: Legends. Rinse repeat.

ASHBERY76 -> RE: ETA on Legends? (11/23/2011 12:02:45 AM)

It's Wednesday,where is it.[:D]

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI