RE: Matrix games on Steam? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Vincenzo_Beretta -> RE: Matrix games on Steam? (11/20/2011 12:58:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RyanCrierie

I wouldn't mind seeing one or two older back catalog titles from Matrix appearing on Steam as a proof of concept.

They could start with "Making History II", for example.

Cmdrcain -> RE: Matrix games on Steam? (11/24/2011 6:53:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_WAR

Without going into the old argument about steam itself,....... I will say that those who dont wish to use steam should do that,...and stop trying to prevent others from being able to use it. If you want to sit on the porch in your rocking chair talking about how great the "goold ole days" were, thats fine,...but please dont try and imprison those of us who dont mind living in the modern world there with you. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean you should try to prevent others from using it.

Steam is a security risk to ones PC... since it can connect to internet...if hackers find holes...they can exploit it.. any program you install that on its own connects to internet is a risk.. email programs, browsers etc...

But at least with browsers and email programs they interact with ones security software..but applications like steam create a risk.

Matrix way via digital river is not such a risk, one has control of whats occurring...with steam I don't know what it might be installing into my PC and OS and if it has backdoors etc..

No one should need install some APP to buy and download a game...
its intrusive.

Day Matrix sells via steam is day I no longer buy

I have passed up some games cause their only sold via steam...so publishers LOSS money with steam

Cmdrcain -> RE: Matrix games on Steam? (11/24/2011 6:58:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goragg
I will not purchase any games from Matrix using the current method. I have been burnt before with sellers going under or no longer supporting my title. I have many other options out there so don't need to risk it. I only ask because as a wargamer I may enjoy some of these games and it would be nice if Matrix offered their products through my preferred source. It is in no way a requirement. If current Matrix customers are happy with the process and Matrix is not interested in the client base available through Steam then I wish you all the best and enjoy your games.
Have fun
Goragg

What happens if steam goes under?

Will you be able to install /access your games?

With Matrix I can even if it goes under cause all I need is 1: copies of setup files and patchs on DVD's
2: Serial Number

When install on pc it doesn't need to "check with matrix"

Cmdrcain -> RE: Matrix games on Steam? (11/24/2011 7:13:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd
are as vulnerable (from a technology standpoint) as any other online merchant. You put your credit card info into the web and there's a chance it will get stolen.

You can have it stolen even not using web... someone can walk by with a scanner and pickup your magnetic data of card in wallett...

The fact is a CC safeguards you, if stolen...your not liable for any charges..
If one really is so worried, use only ONE card for internet buying... then if something happens its only on that card.

But from my experience when my card racked up charges 3000 some miles away in Calif
one call, cards cancelled, new one issued, all fraud charges charged back on merchant
and I paid nothing of any of them.

Use a debit card.. have it stolen..your bank acct cleared out... your moneys gone..tough luck..

A CC safeguards you.

Cmdrcain -> RE: Matrix games on Steam? (11/24/2011 7:22:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd
God forbid your download is ever corrupted and you find yourself with a DVD that will not install - the point being is we can all be caught short.

You do know you can burn multiple copies of games buy from matrix?

Anyone who burns one copy is asking for such a problem..

Should Burn and verify multiple copys then store em in different places
DVD's are cheap as also CD's

You also can put on Flash drives.. as additional backups..

Multiple copies.. stored multiple places is way to go with all software...

One copy made only is disaster waiting to occur.

RyanCrierie -> RE: Matrix games on Steam? (11/24/2011 8:43:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo
So, Steam is basically devaluating games in eyes of its customers?

It's restoring games to where they were in the Golden Age of PC gaming. It used to be that you had a bargain bin, or markdowns on games, and a used game bin meaning you could just wait a little and get a game without having to pay full price.

That long ago disappeared; and in-store prices rarely budge anymore.

STEAM has caused me to spend more money on PC games than I have in a long time -- and pick up titles I would never have picked up otherwise, due to the value deals that show up from time to time.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI