Ships Destroyed/damaged in Spaceport (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

geosch -> Ships Destroyed/damaged in Spaceport (11/9/2011 3:35:05 PM)

One minute I had 4 capital ships being constructed in one spaceyard, the next minute I had only 2 - and they were damaged.

I did not receive any message of any type of attack, either normal or by spies. And no message of a an industrial disaster.

Is this a bug, or....? Could such an espionage attack go unreported? Or was a working the spaceport construction yard too hard?

Any enlightenment would be appreciated. Thanks!

Litjan -> RE: Ships Destroyed/damaged in Spaceport (11/9/2011 4:14:25 PM)

I have never received a message about a spy damaging something in my yards - but have done so many times to enemies. This part is rudimentary at best, and no feedback about the nature of your damage (either dealt or received) is given. So I wouln´t think it unlikely that this was caused by enemy spies.

Jan

Kayoz -> RE: Ships Destroyed/damaged in Spaceport (11/9/2011 4:53:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: geosch

Is this a bug, or....? Could such an espionage attack go unreported? Or was a working the spaceport construction yard too hard?

It was a spy doing a sabotage mission. They have a chance to get away completely clean - undetected and mission accomplished (as opposed to caught/detected and mission success/fail).

That's not to say it's how it should be. You should get some warning. But you get SO many warnings pop-up alert boxes in DW, that CF really needs to implement a better warning system.

geosch -> RE: Ships Destroyed/damaged in Spaceport (11/10/2011 1:53:26 PM)

Thanks for the replies!

I suspected it was an enemy spy mission, but I couldn't believe that I had no notification of the (succesful) attack. The projected life span of my counter-intelligence chief has just dropped significantly.

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Ships Destroyed/damaged in Spaceport (11/10/2011 5:31:59 PM)

Yes Geosch, you do need to add another Agent to your Counterintelligence force.

Also, in the upcoming Legends expansion, you do get notifications of such successful missions in
more detail, as well as an event history for each Agent you have! [:)]

Kayoz -> RE: Ships Destroyed/damaged in Spaceport (11/10/2011 9:57:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1
Also, in the upcoming Legends expansion, you do get notifications of such successful missions in
more detail, as well as an event history for each Agent you have! [:)]

Have they changed the notification system, or are we still plagued with dozens of alerts? I don't mind the diplomatic suggestions, for example - but I find it rather annoying that I'm asked repeatedly to offer a deal to the Ancient Guardians, who will NEVER accept a deal (or not until the S show up, at least). Any change, or still "click-click-clickety-click" every few minutes?

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Ships Destroyed/damaged in Spaceport (11/11/2011 1:18:03 AM)

It has been changed Kayoz, and improved. Although I'm not at liberty to
go into full detail at this time. [:)]

RooksBailey -> RE: Ships Destroyed/damaged in Spaceport (11/11/2011 2:02:48 AM)

Wow, the more I hear about Legends, the more I can't wait for it! [sm=happy0005.gif]

Kayoz -> RE: Ships Destroyed/damaged in Spaceport (11/11/2011 3:27:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

It has been changed Kayoz, and improved. Although I'm not at liberty to
go into full detail at this time. [:)]

Ta! Good news!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI