RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports

sillyflower -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/2/2011 4:24:36 PM)

Haven't found you yet but some tasty mech, tank and arty brigades look like being next turn's meal

Baelfiin -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/2/2011 5:47:52 PM)

We aim to please =p

Our goal is to fill you full of lead, one way or the other!

Baelfiin -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/2/2011 7:29:34 PM)

zoomed out picture of the fighting area, sillyflower has been staggering around like a drunken whore taking bites out of my lines in all directions.
He is being kept under control and I have the situation well in hand, however. All of you will note his nasty trick of creating a minipocket and using rivers to keep me from crushing him.

[image]local://upfiles/20920/8976D10DFCFE41C7AF1B6F0372C3142E.jpg[/image]

Flaviusx -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/2/2011 7:52:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Baelfiin

sillyflower has been staggering around like a drunken whore

What do you mean, like?

(I kid, I kid.)

Baelfiin -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/2/2011 8:28:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flaviusx

quote:

sillyflower has been staggering around like a drunken whore

What do you mean, like?

(I kid, I kid.)

ROFL

sillyflower -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/2/2011 10:39:19 PM)

Do drunken whores bite? I bow to your and Flavius' obvious expertise on the subject[&o]. Does it cost more?

It is true, however, that I have no more sense of direction than my avatar.

I call it AP/ant farming whilst getting other parts of my attack force back up to full strength

sillyflower -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/3/2011 1:15:49 PM)

You may laugh at my seemingly random wanderings but Pacman continues to deliver

[image]local://upfiles/35790/D339E23BCE4C4B6AB61D311CF66A8D38.jpg[/image]

sillyflower -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/3/2011 1:19:27 PM)

Trying to keep the size of the Commie horde down

[image]local://upfiles/35790/E223BF05C9B7422CA2937D7F253B2C43.jpg[/image]

I think B is down 500K from his strength at end of blizzard and I'm about 250K up so I'm happy. Our agreed victory conditions are the Russians hve to take Berlin before historical date to win, G to keep it for longer to win so I'm playing the long game.

Happy to be keeping his arty numbers down (were 80K+)- probably helped by the fact that his arms production is 10% below historical levels.

However I, like others, have learned not to underestimate Mr B so my tactics are really to buy me valuable time.

Baelfiin -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/3/2011 1:19:37 PM)

Your screenshot is busted

I'll post one for you in a min [:'(]

***edit*** screenshot added

You gonna need a bigger Pacman

[image]local://upfiles/20920/B21F830FF16B4A4CB0EE1628DE6D7E6F.jpg[/image]

sillyflower -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/3/2011 1:30:46 PM)

LOL
I was just living up to my name and posted one from another game. Corrected

Baelfiin -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/3/2011 1:56:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sillyflower

Trying to keep the size of the Commie horde down

Our agreed victory conditions are the Russians hve to take Berlin before historical date to win, G to keep it for longer to win so I'm playing the long game.

If we get to fight all the way into '45 I'll declare we are both winners as that much playtime out of 100 bucks will be well worth it !!

quote:

However I, like others, have learned not to underestimate Mr B so my tactics are really to buy me valuable time.

Well, I am just waiting till october, I have just discovered how much more nasty the russian rifle corps get in october. Basically double in size for half the price. Not to mention the mech corps I will be able to start building. (at some point)

If you get bored digging holes, try sticking your nose across the Chir or the Don. I can garuntee you won't be disappointed by the warmth of the reception!!

Baelfiin -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/3/2011 5:58:42 PM)

Turn 61 after Russian moves for the most part.

My carefully horded armored forces sunder the hodgepodge line north and east of Kharkov.[sm=fighting0056.gif]

Nothing but rumanians and a couple fort counters between me and dneprpetrovsk ......

How many Panzers you got on this side of the front SF? [sm=tank2-39.gif]

[image]local://upfiles/20920/93A1175AD2AE438B9E1948D638B4A0DA.jpg[/image]

gingerbread -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/3/2011 6:09:54 PM)

Thanks!  At least someone understands how to provide a feast for crunchers.

sillyflower -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/4/2011 11:43:39 PM)

quote:

You will find out tomorrow morning now that I have finished gnawing on your northern cousins from across the border. Belephegor also Canadian.

The panzers are mostly sitting on rail lines having finished refitting[sm=00000030.gif]

Enjoy a sleepless night Mr B[sm=comp16.gif]

Baelfiin -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/5/2011 2:57:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sillyflower

quote:

You will find out tomorrow morning now that I have finished gnawing on your northern cousins from across the border. Belephegor also Canadian.

The panzers are mostly sitting on rail lines having finished refitting[sm=00000030.gif]

Enjoy a sleepless night Mr B[sm=comp16.gif]

Sleeping like a baby zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz =p

sillyflower -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/5/2011 2:39:43 PM)

quote:

Sleeping like a baby zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz =p

As i thought- waking up prequently for a grizzle[sm=sign0063.gif]

Baelfiin -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/5/2011 3:52:57 PM)

I am not sure what a grizzle is, is that more English Humour?

sillyflower -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/5/2011 10:07:23 PM)

quote:

I am not sure what a grizzle is, is that more English Humour?

grizzle = a low volume whiny type of crying, not a full volume cry but often going on for ages

sillyflower -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/6/2011 11:52:12 PM)

I'm still the Pac man king - if only for the moment. Counter offensive crushed, Good guys rescued from Pacmanski with 1 tk corps surrendered + 2 divs + 4 brigades pacmanned.[sm=fighting0043.gif]

Baelfiin -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/7/2011 2:00:13 AM)

The worm is slowly but surely turning......

Germans reacting to Russian attacks = Fun times!!

sillyflower -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/8/2011 11:47:33 PM)

I call it enticing thee little b#st#rds into the open.

I try to remain the master of the cackhanded blow ;)

sillyflower -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/18/2011 3:40:23 PM)

We've now reached T70 mud and things had been inactive for a couple of turns before.

As the Rolling Stones sang:

Time, time time
It's on my side

Baelfiin -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (12/18/2011 3:58:19 PM)

My boys have weathered the summer storm and are breeding like crazy.

I'm happy to have the germans back off and try to dig in. Should make for some interesting fighting in '43. Cant wait till i can start making my 10point rifle corps!!!

Might have some more screenshots at the start of the Winter Offensive.

sillyflower -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (1/9/2012 7:29:15 PM)

It's now T91 and things are still going strong. I will have to leave it to Mr B to post a screenie. I don't want him learning too much whereas I will continue to ignore his dispositions.

[image]local://upfiles/35790/D68D582FDC7442F59F22DA0171123938.jpg[/image]

sillyflower -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (1/9/2012 7:29:54 PM)

Losses

[image]local://upfiles/35790/A0F63E0D04D046B9AAE267160CA74D05.jpg[/image]

B still likes to leave squishy mech and tank corps for me to chew on in my turns.

Kill 6M and there are still 7.5M left. Good game[8|]

sillyflower -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (1/9/2012 7:31:52 PM)

air

[image]local://upfiles/35790/159250FD462C4CC19250EAE239E0C0A5.jpg[/image]

A year ago his airforce was eating me alive. Once I turned ground attack off my luftwaffe regrew itself and has been doing quite well. This was a slightly worse than average turn at 15:1 ratio

sillyflower -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (1/9/2012 10:44:14 PM)

My '42 plan was to keep my forces intact whilst eating as many of his counters as possible so his APs had to be spent on new units. I also wanted to keep his successful attacks to the minimum to prevent loads of red counters appearing.

I reckon I succeed in keeping my forces intact. Whether I chewed him up enough to hold Berlin for longer than historical date remains to be seen. Looks like I got what I wanted - a long game going all the way. Unless I get cremated more rapidly of course. Pelton's AAR gives me some encouragement, though B's own late war experience does not[X(]. It does give him an advantage of experience though. My next longest game got to 9/42 before my opponent gave up - RL reasons not because I was 40 miles from the Prussian border.

The wisdom of the old adage remains in my thoughts: be careful what you wish for because you might just get it[:(]

Deus Vult we will smite the Godless in their ruin[sm=innocent0001.gif]

karonagames -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (1/10/2012 11:33:24 AM)

quote:

Whether I chewed him up enough to hold Berlin for longer than historical date remains to be seen.

Hmmm... looking at the numbers, I think it will be a very close call. Personally I would like to have seen a 500k swing - 500k less soviets and 500k more in the captured pool to boost your Hiwi numbers and take pressure off your manpower.

I think manpower/attrition management should be top of your "to-do" list. Start experimenting with static mode to see what savings you can make in attrition losses.

From now on the pressure he can apply will be directly proportional to the number of Artillery divisions he has active.

Baelfiin -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (1/10/2012 2:49:34 PM)

Operational security is preventing any screenshots from being posted.

SF has done a very nice job staying out of my clutches so far, however recent developements might start to cuase him some problems. The air war has definetly changed with the latest version, it makes a lot more sense now.

Artillery is rolling off the line at one or two divisions per week, Mech units get picked on once in a while, but the Infantry corps are grinding forward.

Almost a million mend and ARM in the pools, and more airframes than I can use 43 is going to be slow but bloody. In 44 the Flood gates will open and the race will be on !!

sillyflower -> RE: Teaching an Old Dog some new tricks (Baelfiin-Sillyflower,SF welcome) (1/10/2012 6:39:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigAnorak

Hmmm... looking at the numbers, I think it will be a very close call. Personally I would like to have seen a 500k swing - 500k less soviets and 500k more in the captured pool to boost your Hiwi numbers and take pressure off your manpower.

I think manpower/attrition management should be top of your "to-do" list. Start experimenting with static mode to see what savings you can make in attrition losses.

I would have preferred the same swing too, but B would not sit still whilst I played pacman in '42. Americans have few if any manners.

I have been doing static mode where appropriate ( I'm sure B has too). I do have 200K Germans waiting to be sent to the East front, and nearly 200k arms points too. From other late games, arms points seem to be the problem later not manpower any more.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI