Disappearing ships at Pearl Harbor? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

tangent -> Disappearing ships at Pearl Harbor? (11/22/2011 2:10:04 AM)

Hello,

I am playing the Ironman scenario solitaire as the Allies and I am in late February '45. While I am now playing with version 1106i, the problems described below were present before I upgraded from 1104g. I upgraded in a futile attempt to fix the problem.

Recently I noticed that my CV/CVL, CVE, and BB entries in Pearl Harbor stopped showing up on the port view, either in the Active Ships window or the Repairing Ships window. They also doe not show up on the tooltip list of ships in the harbor. With four exceptions, I can still see the ships when I try to create Air Combat or Surface Combat task forces. The four exceptions are the CV's Saratoga and Lexington and the BB's North Carolina and Washington, which I suspect may have gone into refit, but I can't confirm this as I can't see them in the Reparing Ships window. No other port appears to be affected.

Again, with the exception of the four probably refitting ships, I can see all of the CV's and BB's in Pearl Harbor on the List All Ships Window as well.

As for the refitting ships they appear to have disappeared entirely. At this point I can only hope that they will come back after completing their 'Philadelphia Experiment'.

Am I looking at a database corruption here or have I missed something. Are there remedies? Given how much effort I have put into reaching this point, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for your attention.

n01487477 -> RE: Disappearing ships at Pearl Harbor? (11/22/2011 2:29:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tangent

Hello,

I am playing the Ironman scenario solitaire as the Allies and I am in late February '45. While I am now playing with version 1106i, the problems described below were present before I upgraded from 1104g. I upgraded in a futile attempt to fix the problem.

Recently I noticed that my CV/CVL, CVE, and BB entries in Pearl Harbor stopped showing up on the port view, either in the Active Ships window or the Repairing Ships window. They also doe not show up on the tooltip list of ships in the harbor. With four exceptions, I can still see the ships when I try to create Air Combat or Surface Combat task forces. The four exceptions are the CV's Saratoga and Lexington and the BB's North Carolina and Washington, which I suspect may have gone into refit, but I can't confirm this as I can't see them in the Reparing Ships window. No other port appears to be affected.

Again, with the exception of the four probably refitting ships, I can see all of the CV's and BB's in Pearl Harbor on the List All Ships Window as well.

As for the refitting ships they appear to have disappeared entirely. At this point I can only hope that they will come back after completing their 'Philadelphia Experiment'.

Am I looking at a database corruption here or have I missed something. Are there remedies? Given how much effort I have put into reaching this point, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for your attention.

Do you have a lot of ships in port ? There was a known bug with this which has been remedied under the beta patch.

Sredni -> RE: Disappearing ships at Pearl Harbor? (11/22/2011 5:16:48 AM)

The bug specifically is that after reaching 1000 ships in port any more don't show up in the list of ships. They're still there, they just fall off the end of the list or something. Simply move some non essentials to another port and you'll do fine.

tangent -> RE: Disappearing ships at Pearl Harbor? (11/22/2011 7:23:59 AM)

That is it! I had over 1000 ships in port. When I removed enough of them to get under 1000 ships, the Philadelphia Experiment ended.

Thanks for the tip.

michaelm75au -> RE: Disappearing ships at Pearl Harbor? (11/22/2011 8:26:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tangent

That is it! I had over 1000 ships in port. When I removed enough of them to get under 1000 ships, the Philadelphia Experiment ended.

Thanks for the tip.

I think I beefed it up to 1200 in the betas.
Old code from WITP stock (and based on an even earlier game system). Need to be specific about how much space to reserve. Are better ways to do it, but not without changing HUNKS of code with risk of breaking. Not a major showstopper as most bases tend to handle far less than the old 1000 limit.

USSAmerica -> RE: Disappearing ships at Pearl Harbor? (11/22/2011 1:08:11 PM)

You can even work around the increased limit of 1200 ships if needed, by simply creating a TF at the base and dumping a bunch of ships into it.  You don't need to move them anywhere or spend any OPS points.  

plund -> RE: Disappearing ships at Pearl Harbor? (11/22/2011 4:49:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

I think I beefed it up to 1200 in the betas.
Old code from WITP stock (and based on an even earlier game system). Need to be specific about how much space to reserve. Are better ways to do it, but not without changing HUNKS of code with risk of breaking. Not a major showstopper as most bases tend to handle far less than the old 1000 limit.

Is this setting for each base or for all bases?
Why select just 1200? why not just put it at 2000for all bases and never worry about it again? I have goen past the 1200 limit before. I had ot use the 'create new TFs soplution suggested by USSAmerica.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI