RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/26/2011 7:26:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Sure, Per, sure.  [:'(]

It is also used here for a person who has a lot of energy and is lively.  However, that is not the most convenient definition for us to use in the current "out of context" context.  [:D]

I noticed. [;)]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/26/2011 7:28:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Did somebody already eat that?

You mean like this Danish delicacy? Packaged spunk for eating? Really?!?

[image]local://upfiles/6968/B4EC72FF3AC94489B6D3A0BA46764565.jpg[/image]

Tastes even worse than you think.

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/26/2011 7:28:49 PM)

Spunk discussion [:'(][;)] UNP dance ...

[img]http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/10.gif[/img][img]http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/10.gif[/img][img]http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/10.gif[/img]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/26/2011 7:29:26 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

quote:

Anyone have any thoughts on WitE?  good/bad/indifferent, seeing as it's on sale I may be tempted into splashing some cash.

Best there is Martin! [:)]

Surely not better than AE? [X(]
Or Football Manager?
Or Civ IV?

Martin - best there is regarding the subject! [:)]

Hence the Eastern Front... [:D]

Leo "Apollo11"

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/26/2011 7:29:31 PM)

BTW, I think the "Tolstoy" character PM'ing me is SLAAK.  Sent me a "teaser" screen shot of WiF, very similar to those in his WiF thread from a couple of weeks ago.  If it's him, and he's recently moved to Havelock, NC, there is a very good chance he's a member of the USMC.  They have an air station there.  Scary thought.  [:D]

The funny thing is, I'm very interested in WiF in a "looks awesome, but I'll likely never have the time to play it" kind of way.  [:D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/26/2011 7:30:45 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

[:D]

You guys are going to get me in trouble, when I wake my wife up with my laughing! [:D]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/26/2011 7:30:59 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

I...I...I don't know what to say...

[image]local://upfiles/6968/856D07FE737F4F4680B3E5DCB4D5A6EC.jpg[/image]

Main Entry:spunk
Pronunciation:*sp**k
Function:noun
Etymology:Scottish Gaelic spong sponge, tinder, from Middle Irish spongc, from Latin spongia sponge
Date:1582

1 a : a woody tinder : PUNK b : any of various fungi used to make tinder
2 : METTLE, PLUCK
3 : SPIRIT, LIVELINESS

Leo "Apollo11"

Treetop64 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/26/2011 7:39:03 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

And how, dare I ask, do you possibly know that, hmmm?

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/26/2011 7:49:01 PM)

quote:

BTW, I think the "Tolstoy" character PM'ing me is SLAAK.  Sent me a "teaser" screen shot of WiF, very similar to those in his WiF thread from a couple of weeks ago.  If it's him, and he's recently moved to Havelock, NC, there is a very good chance he's a member of the USMC.  They have an air station there.  Scary thought.  [:D]

The funny thing is, I'm very interested in WiF in a "looks awesome, but I'll likely never have the time to play it" kind of way.  [:D]

Highly unlikely that this is "SLAAKMAN". He's too proud of his persona on this forum to go sneaking about like that.

Mynok -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/26/2011 8:21:27 PM)

quote:

Come over. I have WiF Final. It is a very cool game. And very pretty.

WitE is a very good treatment of the eastern front. Right now, there are some play balance issues with the Soviets being way too strong in the late war.

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/26/2011 8:27:47 PM)

quote:

Maybe "Best Grand Scale Eastern Front".

Martin, is Civ IV really that good? I may have played more hours of Civ II and III than anyone on the planet, but I got Civ IV as a gift at the same time I got WitP, and I've never ended up even installing it. [:D]

IMO, yes (but with a disclaimer). With Beyond the Sword it's far better than any of the previous games and to get the full effect it's almost required. Plenty of random events come up complete with objectives or decisions to make.

Mynok -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/26/2011 9:08:40 PM)

quote:

quote:

Highly unlikely that this is "SLAAKMAN". He's too proud of his persona on this forum to go sneaking about like that.

SLAAK certainly acts like an insane Marine though. I'm also sure he is quite aware of the connection USS has to me and would like to avoid me if at all possible.

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/26/2011 9:48:37 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Ok you computer geeks. I put this in the tech area, but I don't want to wait. 32 or 64 bit Windows 7. Which one for AE?

Hey Mike, it really depends on how much ram you have available to run the Windows OS. I don't know how it works for sure with your Mac, but basically Win 32 can't use more than 3 GB of ram. AE will run on either version.

I got it figured out, Mike. 64 bit - I have 4 GB of ram. It's running and I'm installing the patches. Gonna be running AE for the first time in almost a year!

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/26/2011 9:50:54 PM)

Thanks for all the input for this computer technology moron. [:D]

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/26/2011 10:05:09 PM)

The beta is the one ending in 1108r3, right?

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/26/2011 10:30:45 PM)

It looks like that is the latest beta version, Mike.  MichaelM updates the first post in the beta patch thread each time he releases a new version, usually every weekend.  

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/26/2011 10:37:55 PM)

Ok, thanks Mike. This is almost as exciting as the first time I installed AE. [:)]

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/26/2011 11:03:19 PM)

Ok, the beta is installed and I fired it up successfully. But, it's in window mode, which I heard is the way it works. The problem is that I can see only part of the screen. Any clue on how to fix it to fit my screen?

Reg -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/26/2011 11:36:07 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reg

quote:

Tempted to go for the Faber.

That was a pretty poor attempt [:D]

If you did a Faber like this (http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2405660&mpage=15&key=) I'd be a lot more impressed... [:'(]

While I'm sure the content is quite up to par, Reg, someone has to point out that your target page is NOT a faber. Post 3 on that page is from someone other than Les. [:'(]

I know... [:(]

It just goes to prove that you can aspire for perfection but......

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/27/2011 1:19:24 AM)

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

Etymology:Scottish Gaelic spong sponge, tinder, from Middle Irish spongc, from Latin spongia sponge

Leo "Apollo11"

Urban dictionary:

Spirit; pluck. Considering it is also a vulgar term for semen, it is rarely used in its normal form due to the obviously easy possibility to misinterpret it.

"That athlete shows a lot of spunk on the soccer field"
"What?!"
"He shows a lot of spirit and determination"
"Oh."

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/27/2011 1:23:04 AM)

Good night friends [>:]

USS Henrico -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/27/2011 4:30:01 AM)

South Carolina 34, Clemson 13

[sm=happy0065.gif]

Good night.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/27/2011 2:11:51 PM)

Hi all,

Good day!

Leo "Apollo11"

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/27/2011 3:03:15 PM)

Great Scott! The fighting Golden Gophers really took it to Illinois State yesterday! Final score of 27 to 7. Crushing Gopher defense!

Temperature was 37F with a steady 20 MPH wind blowing in our face throughout the game made for "ideal" Fall football weather. Thank THREAD that most of the rain (most) held off for the game. [&o]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/27/2011 3:24:22 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

quote:

Urban dictionary:

Spirit; pluck. Considering it is also a vulgar term for semen, it is rarely used in its normal form due to the obviously easy possibility to misinterpret it.

"That athlete shows a lot of spunk on the soccer field"
"What?!"
"He shows a lot of spirit and determination"
"Oh."

Of course that I knew of that one as well... but since this is "Family Forum"... [:D]

Leo "Apollo11"

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/27/2011 5:04:04 PM)

Almost a good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/27/2011 8:18:32 PM)

Just found out about Flora-Bama bar, package and grill. A beach bar that welcomes bike riders. Next door neighbor, Janet, and her friend LeeAnn are wantin to be biker babes and ride on down to Flora-Bama. Have to get a butt-bar (a sissy-bar) for Mr Harley so I can get LeeAnn up close and personal. Got a riding buddy who's been there before and can take Janet., so's I can have LeeAnn snuggled up close.

Oh show us the way to the next blondy girl;
Oh don't ask why;
No don't ask why;
For if we don't find the next blondy girl;
I tell you we must die;
I tell you we must die;
I tell you; I tell you;
I tell you we must die
... . .
... . .
... . . .
Oh moon of Alabama;
It's time to say goodbye;
We've lost our good old mama;
And I must have blondy girl, Oh you know why.

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/27/2011 9:08:18 PM)

Good night friends [>:]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/27/2011 9:50:54 PM)

My buddy Tolstoy sent me another PM, asking what games I can commit to, and then he has posted in Slaak's WiF thread.  It's either him, or one of his buddies. 

At least I don't have to receive any more spam PM's from him.  Now that he's made a post, I can block him.  [:D]

Mynok -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/27/2011 11:03:51 PM)

I'd bet a beer it is SLAACK.

Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI