RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/6/2012 7:17:51 PM)

Payback for working late last night. My manager just told me to take a hike. [8D]

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/6/2012 8:13:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America
Get a mutt! You'll never have a better dog. [:)]

Red snapper season is here, now, and Bon Secor is full of boats with tons of fishes. Major road trip on Thursday to Billy's Seafood. Even Beaudy, the Wonder Dog, is getting excited.

[image]local://upfiles/17451/249A95AD1E3A45989AD658AD1276C8D6.jpg[/image]

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/6/2012 8:25:28 PM)

quote:

Payback for working late last night. My manager just told me to take a hike. [8D]

What? Are you serious? Sigh! There's been a lot of that floating around lately. Wish there was something I could do, but I'm already tapped out on staff, and my local sheriff says I've bagged my limit on a$$holes this year, so I can't shoot him for you till January.

Shoot, Mike!! I am very sorry to hear that. Woof!

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/6/2012 8:51:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

quote:

What? Are you serious? Sigh! There's been a lot of that floating around lately. Wish there was something I could do, but I'm already tapped out on staff, and my local sheriff says I've bagged my limit on a$$holes this year, so I can't shoot him for you till January.

Alright, I'll bite...

John, I believe that USS Mike's manager told him to go home early today in recognition of his extra labors from the previous night. I don't think Mike would be giving us the sunglass smiley had he been laid off, mate. [:)]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/6/2012 9:13:38 PM)

I'm a labrador man. We've had labs since the early 70's. And raised them professionally. Everyone one of them was a great companion. And great with kids. Smart though, you gotta watch 'em.
My current lab is way beyond spoiled. I keep saying, I'm going to take him to Beverly Hills to him how under privilaged dogs live.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/6/2012 9:15:41 PM)

quote:

quote:

Backwards, John, but thanks for thinking of me. [:)]

Got off work 3 hours early. [8D]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/6/2012 9:22:58 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Alright, I'll bite...

John, I believe that USS Mike's manager told him to go home early today in recognition of his extra labors from the previous night. I don't think Mike would be giving us the sunglass smiley had he been laid off, mate. [:)]

Thsi is how I understood it as well...

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/6/2012 9:29:51 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Don't tell my spouse about the dog...she'll want one! [X(] She's never had a dog in her life and she wants a BIG one! (Think Samoyed or German shepherd). [X(]

[X(]

[image]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/18/Samojed00.jpg/583px-Samojed00.jpg[/image]

Thanks Leo. Unfortunately my spouse is very familiar with the "Sammy". My family had one ("Spirit") when we were dating. She thought it the most beautiful dog she had ever seen. But she hasn't figured out the "darker side" of the dog. Having a dog that is smarter than you are (Like a Samoyed or a border collie , or most herding dogs) causes you to lay awake nights trying to "outhink" your dog, and not let her get bored. Or you will pay. [X(][:(] My rule is (ESPECIALLY for your 1st dog) is never get a smart dog. Settle for a dumb one. They are not as much work! [:D]

I'm trying to get her to lean to a medium size one like a Keeshound, some kind of Spitz, or even a small one like a dachsund (which would drive her cat absolutely freaking crazy , definately a plus!).[:D]

This is the biggest autochthon dog in our country - "Tornjak":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornjak

[image]http://www.kucniljubimci.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Tornjak.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.bhtornjak.com/slike/galerija/tornjak16.jpg[/image]

Leo "Apollo11"

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/6/2012 11:33:02 PM)

Ok. So I'm stupid. Oh well.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/6/2012 11:38:10 PM)

quote:

Ok. So I'm stupid. Oh well.

No, you just care. [:D]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/7/2012 2:19:48 AM)

Manning to be released...A Chief by Friday? Crazier stuff has happened...

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/7/2012 5:24:58 AM)

What if he becomes a Titan? Can you see all the Orange and White UT fans just go nuts here in Tennessee?

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/7/2012 5:26:55 AM)

Good Night all!

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/7/2012 7:38:30 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/7/2012 8:20:17 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

alaviner -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/7/2012 1:16:39 PM)

good morning!

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/7/2012 1:39:34 PM)

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/7/2012 1:52:54 PM)

Just got the phone call from my brother that I've been expecting. My grandmother died peacefully in her sleep last night at age 93. She had a wonderful life and went out on her own terms. I hope I'm that lucky. [:)]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/7/2012 2:13:38 PM)

Sorry to hear about your loss, Mike.

If you don't mind a little personal observation? Your attitude about her life and, yes, her death is exactly the one I hope to cultivate as well for the elderly loved ones in my life.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/7/2012 2:14:11 PM)

Morning tithe to the rest of you lot...

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/7/2012 2:38:29 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

Just got the phone call from my brother that I've been expecting. My grandmother died peacefully in her sleep last night at age 93. She had a wonderful life and went out on her own terms

My condolences Mike... [:(]

Leo "Apollo11"

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/7/2012 2:45:04 PM)

Sorry about your loss, Mike, but like Chickenboy said, you have a very health attitude that more of us should be adopting.

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/7/2012 2:45:21 PM)

Good morning, all!

witpqs -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/7/2012 2:48:35 PM)

RIP for her, Mike. I'm glad she had a good life story and such a long one!

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/7/2012 2:52:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Sorry to hear about your loss, Mike.

If you don't mind a little personal observation? Your attitude about her life and, yes, her death is exactly the one I hope to cultivate as well for the elderly loved ones in my life.

Thanks, Andre. [:)]

My good attitude about her life and death comes directly from her attitude about it. She was very much at peace with it and ready to go. She has always been a great influence and inspiration for me, and she always will be. [:)]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/7/2012 2:52:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Just got the phone call from my brother that I've been expecting. My grandmother died peacefully in her sleep last night at age 93. She had a wonderful life and went out on her own terms

My condolences Mike... [:(]

Leo "Apollo11"

Thanks, Leo. [:)]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/7/2012 2:54:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Sorry about your loss, Mike, but like Chickenboy said, you have a very health attitude that more of us should be adopting.

Thanks, Mike. [:)]

It's much easier to have a good attitude about elderly family members or friends, who have had great, full lives and are ready to move on to the next big adventure than it is if someone is lost early.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/7/2012 2:55:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

RIP for her, Mike. I'm glad she had a good life story and such a long one!

Thanks, witpqs! [:)]

A great life story, she had. This is the woman who married the second love of her life at age 80. [&o] [:)]

Treetop64 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/7/2012 3:46:00 PM)

quote:

Just got the phone call from my brother that I've been expecting. My grandmother died peacefully in her sleep last night at age 93. She had a wonderful life and went out on her own terms. I hope I'm that lucky. [:)]

My condolences.

In cases like this I feel that the person in passing is getting a promotion. They lived long and fulfilling lives, die peacefully, and move on to bigger and better things. [:)]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (3/7/2012 3:59:41 PM)

Thanks, Tree. [:)] She was already way up there on the chain of command, so I imagine she's just about running the show after this recent promotion. [:D]

Page: <<   < prev  132 133 [134] 135 136   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI