RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/28/2011 11:28:22 PM)

Life is good INP...[8D]

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/28/2011 11:30:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Ok Nik, I have the OS-X disk in. What do I do next?

Insert the disk, the setup routine should auto run. If it doesnt you'll need to find the bootcamp setup file. If you used Bootcamp wizard to install windows on the mac double click the bootclick icon. Or you can manually update the drivers using windows device manager.

Windows sucks! The only reason for it is AE. finally got bootcamp to run. Still no internet or monitor (other than the default) though. It say the network adapter driver is missing, whatever the hell that is. I'll try using the device manager now. Sheesh.

Nikademus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/28/2011 11:39:16 PM)

sorry. If i had my Mac in front of me i'd be more specific. You can do it through Windows Device manager too.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/28/2011 11:47:11 PM)

Good luck, Mike!  Driver issues can be frustrating when dealing with only one operating system at a time.  You've doubled your pleasure.  [:D]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/28/2011 11:53:25 PM)

Getting ready for the always fun board meeting. Just stopping by to say hello.

Mynok -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 12:07:47 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Insert the disk, the setup routine should auto run. If it doesnt you'll need to find the bootcamp setup file. If you used Bootcamp wizard to install windows on the mac double click the bootclick icon. Or you can manually update the drivers using windows device manager.

Windows sucks! The only reason for it is AE. finally got bootcamp to run. Still no internet or monitor (other than the default) though. It say the network adapter driver is missing, whatever the hell that is. I'll try using the device manager now. Sheesh.

Dude. Listen, just browse the CD. There's a boot camp directory. Double click it. There is a setup exe in there. Run it. This is not hard.

Mynok -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 12:08:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Good luck, Mike!  Driver issues can be frustrating when dealing with only one operating system at a time.  You've doubled your pleasure.  [:D]

Macs don't have driver issues. If it is made to be Mac compatible, it will come with drivers. Try to sneak stuff in there and you'll run into trouble.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 12:09:39 AM)

Yeah, but they have Apple issues.  [:'(]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 12:10:12 AM)

How was your first day of work, Mynok?  [:)]

Mynok -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 12:10:27 AM)

Meaning it doesn't say Made by Bill Gates? [:D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 12:11:13 AM)

Hey, congrats on 12k!  [sm=00000436.gif]

Mynok -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 12:12:31 AM)

quote:

Mostly just reading docs and trying to get up to speed on the latest release. Rather dull after a while but it gets exciting this weekend when I get tossed into a go-live. That's always interesting.

Mynok -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 12:14:05 AM)

Plus we are just in time for the annual Christmas party and I happen to know that a few of those folks like to party. [:D]

Mynok -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 12:15:22 AM)

quote:

Ah.. We'll that took a while. Guess my efforts to control troll bashing are working!

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 1:00:43 AM)

quote:

+1 congrats on the new job homey. [sm=00000734.gif]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 1:01:41 AM)

quote:

Yeah...congratulations, Martian spambot. [:'(]

bradfordkay -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 3:34:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Sick and weary of everything tithe...[:(]

Hang in there buddy.
Last Monday accounting said I'm only allowed 17 hours for the remainder of the month. Then my video card fried. I bought a new 23" monitor for $170.00 and a video card for $160.00. Timing was not good. Still keepiing a positive outlook toward the future.
So stick in there and keep on slugging.
All the best to you.

I know the feeling. Everybody has been cut back 20% at work, and now both of my cars are acting up...

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 7:58:04 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 8:33:17 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

Hang in there buddy.
Last Monday accounting said I'm only allowed 17 hours for the remainder of the month. Then my video card fried. I bought a new 23" monitor for $170.00 and a video card for $160.00. Timing was not good. Still keepiing a positive outlook toward the future.
So stick in there and keep on slugging.
All the best to you.

Ahh... [:(]

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 8:33:56 AM)

Hi all,

Some Christmas humor... [8D]

Leo "Apollo11"

[image]local://upfiles/3416/50BDAE280F214D46A9AA2F0829F20ED4.jpg[/image]

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 8:50:45 AM)

Good morning friends.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 11:31:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

Good morning friends.

Good morning, Viking dude, et. al.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 12:52:01 PM)

Cuppa joe. Gettin' a turn done. [8D]

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 1:32:12 PM)

Morning guys. I'm still working on getting this damn Windows 7 to work. I'm currently downloading the network adapter driver, which is missing. Can anyone talk me through installing it? I have no idea how you guys do this kind of stuff all day. [&:]

Redsunrizing -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 1:52:29 PM)

Hello Mike, go to Device Manager, right click your device with the yellow exclamation mark in the front and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 1:55:11 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

Morning guys. I'm still working on getting this damn Windows 7 to work. I'm currently downloading the network adapter driver, which is missing. Can anyone talk me through installing it? I have no idea how you guys do this kind of stuff all day. [&:]

Mike, I could help you with PC (I work with those fro 20+ years now and have assembled and repaired hundreds of them if not thousands) but you, apparently, have Mac... you should ask Nik...

What you can do is (if I understood Nik correctly):

Place Mac OS-X in DVD Drive

Try to update the driver via "Manage" -> "Device Manager" but tell the Windows to first search the DVD (with Mac OS-X)

Leo "Apollo11"

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 2:22:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dude. Listen, just browse the CD. There's a boot camp directory. Double click it. There is a setup exe in there. Run it. This is not hard.

I tried that Mynok. It says "Bootcamp x64 is unsupported on this computer model." Does this mean I should install 32 bit Windows 7?

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 2:48:56 PM)

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 2:51:25 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

quote:

quote:

quote:

I tried that Mynok. It says "Bootcamp x64 is unsupported on this computer model." Does this mean I should install 32 bit Windows 7?

Hey Mike, I don't know, so this is just a guess, but you might need to try to run that from the Mac OS instead of from Windows. It sounds like Windows inside bootcamp basically sits on top of Mac OS, and if the Mac OS can't tell Bootcamp which driver to use properly then it could cause your issue.

Whew! I just exhausted my complete store of Mac OS knowledge. [:D]

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/29/2011 2:54:53 PM)

Windows 7 gets installed from a program call Boot Camp Assistant on the Mac side. Once it's installed, you go into Windows and open the Mac OS disk where there's a PC program called Boot Camp that installs the drivers. That's where I'm running into problems.

Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI