RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/27/2011 4:54:46 PM)

New page.  [8D]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/27/2011 5:16:37 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

I'm still suffering from a food hangover. I'll never learn. And that's alright.[:)]

Just back from extended lunch at in-laws... I (again [8|]) ate too much... ahhh...

Leo "Apollo11"

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/27/2011 6:15:09 PM)

Good afternoon. Wife and boy are gone all week in Colorado... I thought I would enjoy alone time... I am actually insanely bored without them..

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/27/2011 6:30:33 PM)

You need a turn, Jeff!  [:D]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/27/2011 6:55:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

I'm still suffering from a food hangover. I'll never learn. And that's alright.[:)]

I ate so much over the last 3 days that there is the beginning of a minor famine in NC today. [:D]

That is a damned good idea. But I still 7 lb.'s of ham left.[:'(]

sprior -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/27/2011 7:00:23 PM)

Still got mince pies in the house! Oops, one less.

sprior -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/27/2011 7:04:06 PM)

No, it's 2 less now.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/27/2011 7:38:26 PM)

OK, guys, I need some suggestions.  It seems I've stumbled into another Matrix Fantasy Football League championship and I've won a free game download from Matrix.  I am quite open to suggestions as there is nothing I've been coveting, except maybe WiF which is not released yet. 

I have WitE, WitP and AE, UV, and Harpoon: Ultimate Edition.  Although I've not yet played any Harpoon or WitE.  [:D]

Possibilities I'm looking at include GG's World at War: A World Divided, Highway to the Reich, and Empire in Arms.  Does anyone have a recommendation for one of these, or any of the many titles I am overlooking?

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/27/2011 8:12:55 PM)

I found Empires in Arms quite nice, but then I've played that game extensively when I was younger so I have a little love relationship with that game. The other ones I know very little of.

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/27/2011 8:19:56 PM)

I would go with Empires in Arms, of the choices you mentioned that is...

too bad Matrix doesn't make a Railroad Tycoon [:D]

sprior -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/27/2011 8:32:09 PM)

Highway to the Reich isn't the full campaign but a series of scenarios.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/27/2011 8:49:58 PM)

Hi all,

Zssssssss time... [>:][>:][>:]

Leo "Apollo11"

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/27/2011 8:57:31 PM)

Good night friends [>:]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/27/2011 9:05:19 PM)

quote:

OK, guys, I need some suggestions.  It seems I've stumbled into another Matrix Fantasy Football League championship and I've won a free game download from Matrix.  I am quite open to suggestions as there is nothing I've been coveting, except maybe WiF which is not released yet. 

I have WitE, WitP and AE, UV, and Harpoon: Ultimate Edition.  Although I've not yet played any Harpoon or WitE.  [:D]

Possibilities I'm looking at include GG's World at War: A World Divided, Highway to the Reich, and Empire in Arms.  Does anyone have a recommendation for one of these, or any of the many titles I am overlooking?

Have you thought of maybe the Campaign Series. East Front, West Front & Rising Sun. All three games in one. Nice tactical combat, pretty easy to play and short playing time. I like it.

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/27/2011 9:07:33 PM)

I have that too Marc. Excellent game... I loved East Front and West Front growing up.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/27/2011 9:13:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

I have that too Marc. Excellent game... I loved East Front and West Front growing up.

And when Rising Sun came out I'd gone to heaven. I wish Combat Mission had done so. But alas.

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/27/2011 9:54:14 PM)

They also made ones (or mod at least) for some of the conflicts in the Middle East I think...

Maybe we'll have to get some multiplayer going together...

nashvillen -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/27/2011 10:00:54 PM)

How does one get into a Matrix FF League? I love FF. I placed second in my Star Fleet Universe league this year. Would have won it if Romo hadn't tried to punch Babin in the head with his helmet on.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/28/2011 11:12:48 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/28/2011 11:22:31 AM)

Good morning friends.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/28/2011 11:54:00 AM)

Hi all,

Apparently Tarzan's Cheetah (the chimp) died...

quote:

Cheetah the chimp from Tarzan flicks of the 1930s dies at Florida animal sanctuary at age 80

By Washington Post

A file photo shows Johnny Weissmuller, right, as Tarzan, Maureen O’Sullivan as Jane, and Cheetah the chimpanzee, in a scene from the 1932 movie Tarzan the Ape Man. A Florida animal sanctuary says Cheetah the chimpanzee from the Tarzan movies of the 1930s died Cheetah died on Dec. 24 of kidney failure at age 80.:

[image]http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_296h/2010-2019/Wires/Online/2011-12-28/AP/Images/Obit%20Cheetah.JPEG-02f7d.jpg[/image]

PALM HARBOR, Fla. — A Florida animal sanctuary says Cheetah the chimpanzee sidekick in the Tarzan movies of the early 1930s has died at age 80.

The Suncoast Primate Sanctuary in Palm Harbor announced that Cheetah died Dec. 24 of kidney failure.

Sanctuary outreach director Debbie Cobb on Wednesday told The Tampa Tribune (http://bit.ly/rRuTeJ ) that Cheetah was outgoing, loved finger painting and liked to see people laugh. She says he seemed to be tuned into human feelings.

Based on the works of author Edgar Rice Burroughs, the Tarzan stories, which have spawned scores of books and films over the years, chronicle the adventures of a man who was raised by apes in Africa.

Cheetah was the comic relief in the Tarzan films that starred American Olympic gold medal swimmer Johnny Weissmuller. Cobb says Cheetah came to the sanctuary from Weissmuller’s estate sometime around 1960.

Cobb says Cheetah wasn’t a troublemaker. Still, sanctuary volunteer Ron Priest says that when the chimp didn’t like what was going on, he would throw feces.

But few years ago this same Washington Post published an article:

"Lie of the Jungle: The Truth About Cheeta the Chimpanzee"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/25/AR2008112500939_5.html?hpid=features1&hpv=national

in which the author claimed that the chimp was not Tarzan's 1930's friend...

Leo "Apollo11"

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/28/2011 1:09:00 PM)

quote:

quote:

Have you thought of maybe the Campaign Series. East Front, West Front & Rising Sun. All three games in one. Nice tactical combat, pretty easy to play and short playing time. I like it.

Good suggestion, Marc! Thanks! [:)]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/28/2011 1:10:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

How does one get into a Matrix FF League? I love FF. I placed second in my Star Fleet Universe league this year. Would have won it if Romo hadn't tried to punch Babin in the head with his helmet on.

Paul Vebber runs them on Yahoo for Baseball and Football. Watch the General Discussion forum for a post when they are opened up for registration, usually early to mid August for football and mid March for Baseball. I'll try to post a reminder here in case any Thread Brothers want to get in on the fun.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/28/2011 1:13:03 PM)

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

sprior -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/28/2011 1:14:02 PM)

Good afternoon

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/28/2011 1:21:11 PM)

Just 3 days left at this old, worn out job. [&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/28/2011 1:21:43 PM)

How are things in the Old Country this afternoon, Simon?

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/28/2011 1:22:11 PM)

Getting too close to ignore.....

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/28/2011 1:22:28 PM)

Post number 13,000 will be.......

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/28/2011 1:22:48 PM)

[img]http://bestsmileys.com/coffee/3.gif[/img]

Page: <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI