What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

warspite1 -> What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/23/2011 7:31:34 PM)

Disney Pixar's Up - what a stonkingly good film [&o]

joeblack1862 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/23/2011 7:36:52 PM)

1. Criminal Minds (on to 5th season)
2. Merlin (Season 4)

JudgeDredd -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/23/2011 9:05:48 PM)

Frozen Planet - it'll be a VERY sad day when Attenborough leaves this planet! He's been the voice of wildlife programs for me all my life

sterckxe -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/23/2011 9:28:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd
Frozen Planet

Same here - it's on in the background - polar bear cubs snuggling up to mom - now the aurora - I feel like a life commentator [;)]

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

rhondabrwn -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/23/2011 9:44:01 PM)

Watched "The Red Baron" last night... romanticized tale of the German Ace that claims to be a realistic view, but I have my doubts. Scratch that... I have a LOT of doubts. The movie didn't mention how many of his victories resulted from shooting down observation planes either. Fun filled fluff... not particularly recommended, but the planes are nice.

JudgeDredd -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/23/2011 10:31:20 PM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxzg_iM-T4E [&o]

Terminus -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/23/2011 11:13:04 PM)

Desert Bus.

E -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/23/2011 11:45:29 PM)

"Apollo 15 - Man Must Explore" (by Spacecraft Films)

fvianello -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/24/2011 8:15:38 AM)

1. American Horror Story
2. The Walking Dead

mikkey -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/24/2011 9:06:01 PM)

Generation Kill
Band of Brothers

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/24/2011 10:14:42 PM)

Coronation Street [:)]

Fred98 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/25/2011 12:39:26 AM)

The old World at War tv series made about 1970.

I found the DVD box set in sale.

I have not seen it in 20 years.

It is very good!

If the Berlin wall had already fallen it could have been that much better.

Fred98 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/25/2011 1:05:39 AM)

I found a DVD box set of the old TV series "The Persuaders": starring Tony Curtis and Roger Moore

The quips between the 2 central characters makes this very entertaining!

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/27/2011 9:55:42 PM)

I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! [:D]

Barre -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/27/2011 10:25:40 PM)

Armadillo - Danish film about Afghanistan. Amazing

Gilmer -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/27/2011 10:37:09 PM)

I just watched a movie about the English Civil War called "To Kill a King". I'm not exactly sure what I will watch next, but I enjoyed the movie.

rhondabrwn -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/28/2011 6:15:05 AM)

Cannibal: The Musical

It was on a list of little known gems that everyone should watch... so far I'm not impressed <yawn>. It was done by the "South Park" guys.

redcoat -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/28/2011 8:26:24 PM)

I’ve just been watching Garrow’s Law. I don’t usually like courtroom drama, but Garrow’s Law is a very good period (Georgian London) drama too.

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (12/9/2011 7:19:58 AM)

Just watched a documentary on Pearl Harbor; The 24 hours after the attack.

Quite interesting to watch although nothing earth shattering uncovered. Brought home just what a struggle everyday life was for FDR - thanks to his Polio - let alone the stress of being the President of the USA.

doomtrader -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (12/15/2011 9:17:56 AM)

No documentary films, and even no movies at all since my little son discovered The Cars. Watching this at least three times a day. (maye not exactly watching but the movie is playing.

wodin -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (12/15/2011 10:48:36 AM)

I really enjoyed Persons Unkown (Much better than Lost as it did away with all that supernatural stuff and filler episodes).

Also enjoyed The Prisoner, wasn't sure I would but with Ian Mckellan it's worth watching just for his performance.

For light entertainment then Eureka and Warehouse 13 are two programmes I enjoy watching at the moment.

Finally the repeats of The Professionals (loved that programme when I was a kid, I think it was the UK's version of TSarsky and Hutch which I loved also, and the acting on the whoe still holds up today, infact the dialogue between Bodie and Doyle is way ahead of it's time in the way the the converstaion flows. Similar to the dialogue flow in an Quintin Tarrantino film without the swearing). What I never noticed though when I was 10 was that it's pretty much the same story every episode and they always end the programme nicking or killing villians in a big house in the country. Still love it.

Gilmer -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (12/15/2011 11:56:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

I really enjoyed Persons Unkown (Much better than Lost as it did away with all that supernatural stuff and filler episodes).

Also enjoyed The Prisoner, wasn't sure I would but with Ian Mckellan it's worth watching just for his performance.

For light entertainment then Eureka and Warehouse 13 are two programmes I enjoy watching at the moment.

Finally the repeats of The Professionals (loved that programme when I was a kid, I think it was the UK's version of TSarsky and Hutch which I loved also, and the acting on the whoe still holds up today, infact the dialogue between Bodie and Doyle is way ahead of it's time in the way the the converstaion flows. Similar to the dialogue flow in an Quintin Tarrantino film without the swearing). What I never noticed though when I was 10 was that it's pretty much the same story every episode and they always end the programme nicking or killing villians in a big house in the country. Still love it.

The prisoner was strange but I watched it because of Caviezel. It was a good, if somewhat strange, series.

JudgeDredd -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (12/16/2011 12:00:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe 98

The old World at War tv series made about 1970.

I found the DVD box set in sale.

I have not seen it in 20 years.

It is very good!

If the Berlin wall had already fallen it could have been that much better.

I have the VHS set - cost me £140 back in the day....it takes up quite some shelf space too! I now have the DVD collection which is much more slimline and at a fraction of the cost (I think the DVD collection was £12)

E -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (12/16/2011 4:38:25 AM)

Apollo 15 - Man Must Explore (from Spacecraft Films)
(+ A bajillion/kazillion 1950'/60's/70's NASA short films downloaded from the opensourced Internet Archive)

SLAAKMAN -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (12/16/2011 5:41:37 AM)

AMERICA Freedom To Fascism - Aaron Russo Interview...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoRydZ30N3A

amps63 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (12/16/2011 5:52:34 AM)

Just finished watching the last episode of Boss. Right up there with The Wire and Breaking Bad in my book. Also watching Ken Burn's Prohibition.

wodin -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (12/16/2011 9:49:40 AM)

Talking about World at War the previous BBC Doc The Great War from the 60's is also a superb watch. Infact it's my favourite doc on WW1 as they have some amazing footage and also alot of interviews with the participants who where I suppose in their 60's or 70's so younger than our remaining WW2 vets. You can buy it on DVD and I highley recommend it.

@H_Gilmor The original Prisoner TV series for the 60's is just as strange but not as dark as the modenr version. Infact I was a little wary about the remake as the original has cult status.

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (12/16/2011 6:16:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Talking about World at War the previous BBC Doc The Great War from the 60's is also a superb watch. Infact it's my favourite doc on WW1 as they have some amazing footage and also alot of interviews with the participants who where I suppose in their 60's or 70's so younger than our remaining WW2 vets. You can buy it on DVD and I highley recommend it.

Warspite1

+1

parusski -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (12/16/2011 7:29:40 PM)

1. Rescue Me(Season 7)
2. Merlin(Season 3)
3. Black Adder (Season 3)
4. A Touch of Frost(Series 5)

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (12/16/2011 7:47:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

Black Adder (Season 3)

Warspite1

Blackadder: They do say, Mrs M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, of course, wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head. [:)]

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI