Planes on ground when base is captured? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

frankycee -> Planes on ground when base is captured? (11/27/2011 1:15:53 PM)

Hi guys, quick question.

I just captured a base with lots of enemy planes on the ground there, but I dont see any 'allied loses' in the combat report...

What happens to planes when a base is captured...they fly to the closest base, or some get captured/destroyed on ground?

Could they be listed as OPS losses in the intel screen? if so, does that represent damaged planes, or outright destroyed?

n01487477 -> RE: Planes on ground when base is captured? (11/27/2011 1:18:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: frankycee

Hi guys, quick question.

I just captured a base with lots of enemy planes on the ground there, but I dont see any 'allied loses' in the combat report...

What happens to planes when a base is captured...they fly to the closest base, or some get captured/destroyed on ground?

Destroyed. Although there is now the ability to buy them back with PP's in PBEM. Not sure what the AI does anymore, probably gets them back after a certain time period.

Quixote -> RE: Planes on ground when base is captured? (11/27/2011 1:39:33 PM)

Franky, when planes are captured on the ground (or a ship is sunk with planes aboard) those planes will show up under Ops losses, and you do get the points credit for them.

frankycee -> RE: Planes on ground when base is captured? (11/27/2011 2:28:18 PM)

BINGO!

dr.hal -> RE: Planes on ground when base is captured? (11/28/2011 12:37:10 PM)

If the aircraft are on a mission I believe they divert to another friendly base if possible, for sure with sea based planes , not sure about land based air .

Alfred -> RE: Planes on ground when base is captured? (11/28/2011 1:24:23 PM)

Section 7.2.3.1.1 of the manual deals with what happens to planes on bases captured by the enemy.

It is not axiomatic that every plane is lost. However one should not assume that anything will be salvaged. Best to not rely on getting a good die roll and evacuate the planes before the base is lost.

Alfred

HansBolter -> RE: Planes on ground when base is captured? (11/29/2011 5:48:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: frankycee

Hi guys, quick question.

Destroyed. Although there is now the ability to buy them back with PP's in PBEM. Not sure what the AI does anymore, probably gets them back after a certain time period.

A little confused here. When did they implement a different structure of rebuilds for PBEM compared to AI play? When did they implement the ability to buy back dead planes with PPs? I am running 1108r3 (latest beta) and have never seen an ability to buy back dead anything other than LCUs.

p.s. destroyed enemy planes are listed in the combat report when a base changes hands.

PaxMondo -> RE: Planes on ground when base is captured? (11/29/2011 5:51:10 PM)

Air groups have been able to be bought for a long time ... maybe even back v1.0.  On info page, go to aircraft lost, then bottom lost air groups.  They can be brought back.

HansBolter -> RE: Planes on ground when base is captured? (11/29/2011 5:54:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Air groups have been able to be bought for a long time ... maybe even back v1.0.  On info page, go to aircraft lost, then bottom lost air groups.  They can be brought back.

WOW! Learn something new every day! Thank you very much.

I asume there is no difference between PBEM and AI games, it's just the poster's lack of familiarity with AI games that makes him state it is possible in PBEM?

Alfred -> RE: Planes on ground when base is captured? (11/29/2011 5:58:13 PM)

Ability to resurrect dead air groups has been present from day 1.

1. Hit <I> key to take you to info screens.

2. Press aircraft losses button.

3. Bottom of screen is button which takes you to destroyed air units screen.

4. On destroyed air units screen, right mouse button allows expenditure of PPs to resurrect a dead air unit.

5. Bought dead unit will join reinforcement queue and appear 1 year later.

What has been introduced in the betas, upon payment of PPs is:

(a) the ability to equip an air unit with non indigenous airframes.

(b) the resurrection of dead LCUs.

Alfred

Alfred -> RE: Planes on ground when base is captured? (11/29/2011 5:59:14 PM)

Correct, no difference in mechanism between AI and PBEM games.

Alfred

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI