Why does the game prevent you from editing ship designs? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Tanaka -> Why does the game prevent you from editing ship designs? (11/28/2011 12:00:45 AM)

I just want to edit some of the standard designs but it will not allow me to do so. What am I doing wrong here?

Nedrear -> RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship designs? (11/28/2011 12:03:07 AM)

It is currently used. Scrap all ships using the design or copy it as new.

tjhkkr -> RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship designs? (11/28/2011 12:03:54 AM)

I think to copy it as new is the best bet and then rename it...

Tanaka -> RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship designs? (11/28/2011 12:16:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

I think to copy it as new is the best bet and then rename it...

Great thanks!

Baleur -> RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship designs? (11/28/2011 1:30:47 AM)

copy as new <3
I usually keep ship design on auto to avoid micromanagement, but use copy as new to make specific designs. Works great especially combined with the "upgrade" button that auto-upgrades your design with the latest components :)

DarenDF -> RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship designs? (11/28/2011 1:39:18 AM)

I tried the copy as new to upgrade a few things such as my mining platforms (wanted to arm them and since the automation wasn't doing it I did it manually) But I noticed whenever I saved the changes and checked back later it seemed like the designs had been reverted back to how they were without weapons. Not sure hwy its doing that.I am playing Return of the Shakturi btw.

the1sean -> RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship designs? (11/28/2011 1:42:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DarenDF

I tried the copy as new to upgrade a few things such as my mining platforms (wanted to arm them and since the automation wasn't doing it I did it manually) But I noticed whenever I saved the changes and checked back later it seemed like the designs had been reverted back to how they were without weapons. Not sure hwy its doing that.I am playing Return of the Shakturi btw.

You need to obsolete the type that you just replaced. You also need to disable automatic ship design.

DarenDF -> RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship designs? (11/28/2011 2:35:45 AM)

Ah I'll start doing those things then.

Tanaka -> RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship designs? (11/28/2011 8:46:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: the1sean

quote:

ORIGINAL: DarenDF

You need to obsolete the type that you just replaced. You also need to disable automatic ship design.

Are you saying that the below does not work?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Baleur

copy as new <3
I usually keep ship design on auto to avoid micromanagement, but use copy as new to make specific designs. Works great especially combined with the "upgrade" button that auto-upgrades your design with the latest components :)

Franky007 -> RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship designs? (11/28/2011 10:59:48 PM)

I find the auto updating of my design the most frustating part of the game,
having to constantly monitor if my design are staying the same.

I would suggest a simple solution:
Every design edited or created by the player should be flagged as "Human design".
When using the auto update, Components on "Human design" should be
ONLY REPLACED BY BETTER COMPONENTS OF THE SAME TYPE.

Tanaka -> RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship designs? (11/28/2011 11:06:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Francoy

I find the auto updating of my design the most frustating part of the game,
having to constantly monitor if my design are staying the same.

I would suggest a simple solution:
Every design edited or created by the player should be flagged as "Human design".
When using the auto update, Components on "Human design" should be
ONLY REPLACED BY BETTER COMPONENTS OF THE SAME TYPE.

Great idea! I am still trying to figure out the best way to do all this!

DarenDF -> RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship designs? (11/28/2011 11:13:24 PM)

I actually like Francoy's idea. I am fine for letting the computer automate things but it would be nice if I could go into the designs and change some things I see and have the computer take back over after I am done and not undo my changes, but continue them.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI