Wargaming Celebrity Deathmatches! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Sgt.Striker -> Wargaming Celebrity Deathmatches! (11/4/2002 9:57:33 AM)

I have been thinking over the past few days about great battles in History and acient battles in particular. Well it always seems the poorer general losses ;:mad: so i was thinking if two really great generals met on the field of battle who would win and why?

My pick is Caeser vs Hannibal vs Alexander

I think overall Alexander was the best general, he was really a master of his own tactis and more flexible than either Hannibal or Caesar. Anyway i want to hear what you guys think and some of your own pics of the best of the best.

troopie -> (11/4/2002 10:25:00 AM)

I don't know about 'the poorer general loses'. At Waterloo neither Wellington nor Napoleon could be called a poor general.

How about Sir Douglas Haig against Ambrose Burnside? With the same type of army for each, of course.

troopie

Raverdave -> (11/4/2002 12:57:07 PM)

Rommel Vs Patton, that would be a sell-out !:cool:

CCB -> (11/5/2002 3:08:07 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raverdave
[B]Rommel Vs Patton, that would be a sell-out !:cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

Electronic Arts actually released a wargame with that title! [Patton vs. Rommel] in 1986 or so. The game was Operation Cobra and it was fairly sophisticated for the time in that you gave your units orders and then hit the 'Execute' key (or something like that) and all the units including the opposing side moved at once. Much like Combat Mission. Its available for download at the underdogs.org. Enjoy! :)

Sgt.Striker -> (11/5/2002 5:26:38 AM)

maybe Rommel vs Hannibal ?

mogami -> Arrgghh (11/7/2002 9:13:06 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CCB
[B]

Electronic Arts actually released a wargame with that title! [Patton vs. Rommel] in 1986 or so. The game was Operation Cobra and it was fairly sophisticated for the time in that you gave your units orders and then hit the 'Execute' key (or something like that) and all the units including the opposing side moved at once. Much like Combat Mission. Its available for download at the underdogs.org. Enjoy! :) [/B][/QUOTE]

I bought that game, But it always crashed when I entered the copy protection code. so I could never play the thing. But it looked pretty good. Lots of pop up history lessons and videos

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI