UV Coming Soon! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

Don H -> UV Coming Soon! (11/4/2002 10:48:29 AM)

I should be getting UV in a week or two. Whats the best way to tackle the learning curve of this marvelous game. I already downloaded and read the various FAQs and Hints and mods and everything else I could find. Can't wait, also looking forward to playing WITP when it comes out!

Raverdave -> (11/4/2002 11:37:58 AM)

Welcome aboard Don H !

Mojo -> (11/4/2002 11:41:29 AM)

Best way to learn? Hard knocks I'd say.

Jump right in and find new and creative ways to loose ships;)

That's the most fun.

Massattack -> (11/4/2002 6:26:57 PM)

I just received my eagerly awaited copy a few days ago. I would say read the manual, its well written and not difficult to plough through. The forum search function has been very useful for picking up anything not covered in the manual, as somebody has probably already asked the questions you may have.
The game has not been difficult to get into, but the nuances and optimal settings for things are more complex. In short a wonderfully absorbing game, you will suffer from "just one more turn syndrome at 3 in the morning:)

Regards

Massattack

Raverdave -> (11/4/2002 7:10:42 PM)

Another newbie! G'Day Massattack ! ( man with all this fresh meat I am BOUND to win at least one PBEM;) )

USSAmerica -> (11/4/2002 9:34:56 PM)

Glad to have you aboard, Don H!

I was in your shoes just one week ago. Then the UPS man delivered me from boredom. I've never had so much fun watching my ships slip below the surface. I have spent the last week playing UV and trying to learn just one piece at a time. Experimenting with the different mission types and settings for TF's while not worrying what happens to the ground pounders at PM. Next I will focus on a large scale ground operation while ignoring most of what happens at sea. After I see how these pieces work, I will start juggling them all through some of the bigger scenerios.

The manual is a good one, and reading it repeatedly while playing will teach you many new things every time.

These forums are a treasure trove of useful information. Check out the War Room sub-forum for many good ideas, and the After Action Reports sub-forum for ideas on strategy.

I plan for my "shakedown cruise" to take another 2 - 3 weeks. After that, I will consider myself an UV player. It may take a long while before I think of myself as a good player, but that's where the challenge is! :cool:

Sonny -> (11/4/2002 10:30:06 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raverdave
[B]Another newbie! G'Day Massattack ! ( man with all this fresh meat I am BOUND to win at least one PBEM;) ) [/B][/QUOTE]

Dave,

Maybe you and I should start a losers bracket and play each other. That way one of us is bound to win!:)

Raverdave -> (11/5/2002 3:36:31 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sonny
[B]

Dave,

Maybe you and I should start a losers bracket and play each other. That way one of us is bound to win!:) [/B][/QUOTE]

Indeed!:D

Massattack -> (11/5/2002 4:00:20 AM)

G'day Raverdave, I should be delighted to take you on in a pbem once my shakedown cruise is complete!

Regards

Massattack

Sonny -> (11/5/2002 7:38:47 AM)

[B]

Indeed!:D [/B][/QUOTE]

Which side and scenario you want?:)

Raverdave -> (11/5/2002 8:13:21 AM)

Well just at the moment I have my hands full with 8 pbems, but as soon I as I Win or Loose one I give ya a hoy.:)

Caltone -> (11/5/2002 9:05:35 AM)

[B]Well just at the moment I have my hands full with 8 pbems, but as soon I as I Win or Loose one I give ya a hoy.:) [/B][/QUOTE]

I'll see if I can't speed that along for you :D

Actually Dave is a great opponent, he's taught me many things and we've had a very fun game so far. Welcome aboard Don and be prepared for many sleepless nights.

Don H -> (11/5/2002 10:05:18 AM)

Thanks eveybody, I'm already suffering from sleepless nights just hoping it arrives soon! Now I have to figure out a way to send the wife and kids away off on a long vacation.

Caltone -> (11/5/2002 10:09:08 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Don H
[B]Thanks eveybody, I'm already suffering from sleepless nights just hoping it arrives soon! Now I have to figure out a way to send the wife and kids away off on a long vacation. [/B][/QUOTE]

I know a way but it's costly. My Visa card is still smoking :D

Luskan -> (11/5/2002 1:28:01 PM)

I've been playing raver for 3 days now and I'm expecting his surrender shortly ;)

Although he does have a nasty habit of sinking ships.

Raverdave -> (11/5/2002 2:06:56 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Don H
[B]Thanks eveybody, I'm already suffering from sleepless nights just hoping it arrives soon! Now I have to figure out a way to send the wife and kids away off on a long vacation. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh I have a spare room:rolleyes: ;)

Raverdave -> (11/5/2002 2:09:17 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Luskan
[B]I've been playing raver for 3 days now and I'm expecting his surrender shortly ;)

Although he does have a nasty habit of sinking ships. [/B][/QUOTE]

Look here sonny, see the words under my name? It reads Matrix Hero ! While you a still a lowly trooper.........and there is a reason for that.

Sonny -> (11/5/2002 8:44:21 PM)

[B]

Look here sonny, see the words under my name? It reads Matrix Hero ! While you a still a lowly trooper.........and there is a reason for that. [/B][/QUOTE]

You tend to ramble on???:D

Sonny -> (11/6/2002 3:12:21 AM)

[B]Well just at the moment I have my hands full with 8 pbems, but as soon I as I Win or Loose one I give ya a hoy.:) [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, no fair. If you win one then you won't be in the losers bracket anymore!:)

Von Rom -> (11/6/2002 10:40:28 PM)

Hi Don. Welcome :)

If you think you can't sleep now, just wait until you get the game. . .

You will be thinking about your game turns/strategies while you work, eat, sleep. . .

Oh, the humanity. . .

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI