Some B***ard stole me car!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Plodder -> Some B***ard stole me car!! (12/5/2011 12:18:23 AM)

Woke up this morning, had breakfast, walked outside and Hello! our 1992 Ford Laser is gone. Rang the police and apparently our make of car is getting targetted at the moment. What makes it worse is that we had two car seats fitted for our 1 & 2 year olds plus the double pram in the boot. Oh, and no insurance as we'd let it lapse. B@$+ard low-lifes...[:@] [:@]

Prince of Eckmühl -> RE: Some B***ard stole me car!! (12/5/2011 12:28:37 AM)

Wow, where does a car like that go in NZ?[&:]

bairdlander2 -> RE: Some B***ard stole me car!! (12/5/2011 2:31:31 AM)

Whats the fine for driving with no insurance there?Why let it lapse?

Plodder -> RE: Some B***ard stole me car!! (12/5/2011 2:55:24 AM)

Insurance isn't compulsory here, so no fine. We let it lapse because the premium went up while the car value went down so it wasn't really worth it. What we're really peeved about is the car seats and the pram, that's a grand right there.Should have had contents insurance but we were shopping around before this happened..

rickier65 -> RE: Some B***ard stole me car!! (12/5/2011 6:21:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Plodder

Insurance isn't compulsory here, so no fine. We let it lapse because the premium went up while the car value went down so it wasn't really worth it. What we're really peeved about is the car seats and the pram, that's a grand right there.Should have had contents insurance but we were shopping around before this happened..

In the US, most home owners insurance would probably cover the contents of your car, so check with you homeowner ins agent.

rick

GoodGuy -> RE: Some B***ard stole me car!! (12/5/2011 7:30:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Plodder

... that's a grand right there.

That almost sounds like the content was worth more than the car itself...
EDIT: Just looked it up, a '92 Laser sells for 2800 AUD in Oz, seats and pram = 761.1 AUD (= 1000 NZD), so I guess I'm wrong.
Oh and I didn't intend to rub it in.

JudgeDredd -> RE: Some B***ard stole me car!! (12/5/2011 7:31:47 AM)

low lifes [:-]

Plodder -> RE: Some B***ard stole me car!! (12/5/2011 9:02:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GoodGuy

Oh and I didn't intend to rub it in.

LOL, no worries. We've managed to get finance for a Toyoto Estima people-mover as we've got no.3 due in march so that's all good and we still have our single pram. Just got to get replacement seats now.

Fallschirmjager -> RE: Some B***ard stole me car!! (12/5/2011 9:34:47 AM)

Look on the bright side. At least the 1 and 2 year old were not in the car seats at the time of the theft :D

Gilmer -> RE: Some B***ard stole me car!! (12/6/2011 12:50:30 AM)

I really hate people that have no compassion for their fellow man. A person can work very hard for a car like yours and then they just feel like they can come along and take it.

Work for your own stuff, you damnable thieves!!!

Prince of Eckmühl -> RE: Some B***ard stole me car!! (12/6/2011 5:12:56 AM)

So, who the heck steals a car in NZ?

It's not like they've got a million/kilometers of road to rampage across, "Road Warrior" style.

Is it "addicts" or what?

Plodder -> RE: Some B***ard stole me car!! (12/6/2011 9:36:06 AM)

You'd be surprised, A lot a cars are stolen for parts but quite a few are stolen by joy-riders. We have roughly the same land area as the UK but only a population of 4 million (with half of that living in the Auckland area alone) so there is plenty of open roads and places to hide.

Perturabo -> RE: Some B***ard stole me car!! (12/6/2011 3:53:05 PM)

Sorry to hear about your car!

Also:
quote:

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

I really hate people that have no compassion for their fellow man. A person can work very hard for a car like yours and then they just feel like they can come along and take it.

Work for your own stuff, you damnable thieves!!!

Obsolete -> RE: Some B***ard stole me car!! (12/7/2011 2:20:56 AM)

Well I learned something new.

Over here, it is a CRIME to use a car without insurance. I had assumed that was the norm everywhere.

Gilmer -> RE: Some B***ard stole me car!! (12/7/2011 2:31:12 AM)

Can I ask you Obsolete, about your sig. Is that from a game, or is it a artistic sig that you created?

SLAAKMAN -> RE: Some B***ard stole me car!! (12/9/2011 5:30:41 AM)

quote:

Well I learned something new.

Over here, it is a CRIME to use a car without insurance. I had assumed that was the norm everywhere.

NZ has some serious potential. I loathe insurance companies so much here in the US that I will keep New Zealand in mind if things get rougher. [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI