World War II:Panzer Claws (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Supervisor -> World War II:Panzer Claws (11/7/2002 5:52:34 AM)

Has anybody been keeping up with this game. It looks like it could be fun.
[IMG]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/news/10/16/ww2panzer_screen003.jpg[/IMG]

Grenadier -> (11/7/2002 6:36:21 AM)

Wow! Now that is the way East Fron/ West Front should have looked. The tanks are in proper scale to the buildings.

Jim1954 -> (11/7/2002 8:35:22 AM)

You think those are Panther Uhu's with their headlights on for a night assault?

Drex -> (11/7/2002 11:13:03 AM)

Where do you get this game? It loks like real time.

Toontje -> (11/7/2002 4:03:28 PM)

Looks RTT, better than RTS.

And no way those are uhu's. That's just ordinary headlights. Makes it a lot easier to drive at night, you know. :D

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (11/7/2002 7:00:34 PM)

Graphically looks fun, but graphically fun usually means here have another 100 bucks for a new video card too.

I am still likely more interested in my slow motion looking, and I sure hope Combat Leader shows up soon.

Gary Tatro -> How about the (11/7/2002 7:32:27 PM)

Wolfraghm (spelling) rocket launcher down in the left hand courner. Look pretty. How does it play? And what is with the jet exaust coming out of the plane up top?

Supervisor -> (11/7/2002 8:19:45 PM)

Not jet exhaust Flames from an about to be crash and burn. Another cool pic: [URL=http://www.zuxxez.com/]Home page Zuxxez[/URL]

[IMG]http://www.zuxxez.com/screenshots/ww2/ww2_screen_004.jpg[/IMG]

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (11/7/2002 8:39:18 PM)

Now that screen shot was impressive. And no one can deny that I suppose.

I think that image is the best thing I have seen in this scale before.

I am still dubious if there would be a point though. It all comes down to how intelligent is the game play.

And I can't say I am able to at this point in time rely on internet play against people.

The AI could be all that matters to me at this moment. The rest sure looks incredible though eh.

Grenadier -> (11/7/2002 10:52:35 PM)

And I will bet you that none of the map is user defined. They are most likely paintings. Very impressive. The scaling is the best I have seen. Now if maps could be made for this game I would be very imnterested. Otherwise, CL remains the best chance of a tactical game that is the most versatile. Les, you better save your shekels, I am getting a 128MB video card to run CL

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (11/7/2002 11:23:06 PM)

Cute games like RTS etc will always be the blonde beach babe to me (sure a few hours with her would be fun) but in the end I want the solid reliable entertainment of my turn based games.

Come on Matrix I want my Combat Leader man hehe:)

Belisarius -> (11/7/2002 11:36:41 PM)

Looks nice, but I'll have to try a demo 'ere I say anything. I side with Les on this one, blond beach babes are fun, but only for a time.

Now, Combat Leader... :p

Jim1954 -> (11/8/2002 12:02:23 AM)

Bel you could always combine the two. Try Return to Castle Wolfenstein and check out the SS paranormal babes, but don't look too long cause those sten guns will lay you low in a hurry. lol

:D :D

Charles2222 -> (11/8/2002 2:16:47 AM)

I've played the demo and it was fairly interesting, but only fairly. The crosses on the GE vehicles are far too large though hard to tell at a distance as those shots are. I suppose if I bought it I'd have wringed out more of the details and hence had some more fun with it, but the action in the demo was scripted, which can be good and bad, and the units, had, ahem, lifebars. I estimate that it's better than the SS series but how much remains to be seen.

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (11/8/2002 2:54:04 AM)

I "hate" lifebars.

In a wargame, its either destroyed or not.

Accumulated damage is the computers business, I am not i nterested in seeing "lifebars" in a wargame.

Voriax -> (11/24/2002 6:56:34 AM)

Howdy

On a related topic, check this newsarticle: http://www.gamesdomain.co.uk/news/8730.html

Voriax

DoomedMantis -> (11/24/2002 7:19:50 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1
[B]I "hate" lifebars.

In a wargame, its either destroyed or not.

Accumulated damage is the computers business, I am not i nterested in seeing "lifebars" in a wargame. [/B][/QUOTE]

I hate tehm also, especially when you get some GI joe with a machine gun taking out a tank. Tanks etc should only accumulate damage from things able to prenetrate their hull (or at least by hitting them in a vital location). Thats what turned me off sudden Strike

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (11/29/2002 7:47:30 AM)

After some discussion over at Wargamer I have to conclude that Panzer claws likely will not live up to my hopes.

Oh well.

Supervisor -> A little off topic (12/11/2002 7:50:41 AM)

A review of this game. Not bad from what I read. If anyone gives it a try please keep us informed. [URL=http://pc.ign.com/articles/379/379752p1.html]Panzer Claws Review[/URL]

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (12/11/2002 8:08:21 AM)

I only got one thing from this review, don't ask non wargamers to review wargames, and don't of course expect wargamers to return the favour and review non wargames necessarily.

The reviewer played the game, but doesn't appear to like wargames.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI