Negotiate return of captured spies (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Cauldyth -> Negotiate return of captured spies (12/13/2011 1:06:13 PM)

I just thought this would be an interesting addition, considering how attached we can get to certain characters. If one of your favourite spies gets captured while on a covert mission, how badly do you want him back? Exchange him for captured spies of the enemy? Pay $2 million? Give up some of your best tech? It would be neat if "Return the spy Koti Assari to us" appeared in trade negotiations, with an appropriate cost.

Of course, sometimes they should just be killed and not captured.

Gelatinous Cube -> RE: Negotiate return of captured spies (12/13/2011 1:08:23 PM)

Ransoming characters, and more character action in general, is a totally awesome and valid place to expand the game IMO. I think this would be great. There's probably more you could do with this than you could ever put into one expansion.

Keston -> RE: Negotiate return of captured spies (12/13/2011 1:31:01 PM)

Since the only characters who are captured are spies, it seems an obvious option.

Fideach -> RE: Negotiate return of captured spies (12/13/2011 2:06:50 PM)

Characters on planets, in stations, etc. Could also be captured.
For example, you land a troop general on the ground with your invasion force. You lose the invasion, so there could be a chance the Troop General is captured instead of killed.
Also could have it so if a character is on a station and it gets blown up, there is a chance the character would either:
Die, escape in a pod, or get captured.

Which also brings up a new component we need with characters.. ability to add escape pods to designs, to allow a chance for them to escape alive from the destruction of whatever they are stationed on.

feygan -> RE: Negotiate return of captured spies (12/13/2011 5:09:55 PM)

+10 for this idea if it's possible to implement then it should be, while the new character system is great it does still lack some personality.

Theluin -> RE: Negotiate return of captured spies (12/13/2011 5:19:37 PM)

+1 on the idea

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fideach
Which also brings up a new component we need with characters.. ability to add escape pods to designs, to allow a chance for them to escape alive from the destruction of whatever they are stationed on.

I'd think that escape pods are a standard component on space ships. I always imagined them being part of the hab modules or life support. I don't think any civilized race would make ships without any means for the crew to escape (Except perhaps for the mortalen or boskara [:D])

Keston -> RE: Negotiate return of captured spies (12/13/2011 7:49:52 PM)

Maybe it's that most things that kill you in space do so without possibility of escape, or where escape just prolongs the dying. It would also be expensive and present design problems and hazards since they would require fuel, air, power, etc. But on passenger liners they would doubtless have them for show.

tjhkkr -> RE: Negotiate return of captured spies (12/13/2011 8:35:06 PM)

And perhaps you can add to it: the ability to rescue captured agents... that would be pretty cool.

jpwrunyan -> RE: Negotiate return of captured spies (12/14/2011 6:38:58 AM)

I also like this idea since it is so damn hard to replace captured spies. Of course if the enemy is at war with you they may just execute him...

Cauldyth -> RE: Negotiate return of captured spies (12/14/2011 12:25:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr
And perhaps you can add to it: the ability to rescue captured agents... that would be pretty cool.

I love the idea of a new mission - Rescue capture spy.

Gelatinous Cube -> RE: Negotiate return of captured spies (12/14/2011 12:48:54 PM)

They'll never catch Agent Tarfan. He's my hero.

tjhkkr -> RE: Negotiate return of captured spies (12/14/2011 3:55:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cauldyth
quote:

I love the idea of a new mission - Rescue capture spy.

You would probably want to have a black ops/special forces team for something like that... but I agree, even a single agent rescue would be way cool! [8D]

Howard Mitchell -> RE: Negotiate return of captured spies (12/14/2011 4:02:47 PM)

Also captured spies escaping on their own after years in prison. I'm sure James Bond could escape from the Atuuks for instance.

Data -> RE: Negotiate return of captured spies (12/14/2011 4:40:29 PM)

Oooo, SW Rebellion flashbacks again [:)]
+1

Igard -> RE: Negotiate return of captured spies (12/14/2011 6:24:28 PM)

Yip. There's always room for improvement and I agree with the captured spies having a chance of escape.

+1

tjhkkr -> RE: Negotiate return of captured spies (12/14/2011 9:07:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard
Yip. There's always room for improvement and I agree with the captured spies having a chance of escape.
+1

In some ways, I hate making suggestions; because it sounds like I am crabbing, and this is a fantastic game.

tjhkkr -> RE: Negotiate return of captured spies (12/14/2011 9:11:36 PM)

I just put all these suggestions on the wish list!

Padraig Tseng -> RE: Negotiate return of captured spies (12/14/2011 9:16:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Howard Mitchell

Also captured spies escaping on their own after years in prison. I'm sure James Bond could escape from the Atuuks for instance.

Maxwell Smart could escape from the Atuuks.....[:D]

Gelatinous Cube -> RE: Negotiate return of captured spies (12/14/2011 10:16:39 PM)

quote:

I just put all these suggestions on the wish list!

Good man. [sm=character0167.gif]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI