Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Decepticons -> Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources (12/16/2011 2:51:24 PM)

This has happened early in a few of my recent games (RoS, most recent patch). I assign a construction ship to go build something (usually a mining station) at a nearby planet. It goes to my homeworld, picks up resources and then proceeds to the assigned planet and starts building. However, at some point the building percentage stops. Checking the resources on the ship, it doesn't have enough of some particular resource to complete construction. I was hoping a cargo ship could fix this but even after waiting several years in some cases, the construction ship is just sitting there trying to build a station it will never finish.

I noticed this happens even when there ARE planets with the proper resources available. A construction ship still went to my home planet to pick up resources and there was no Steel there. It picked up all the other resources it needed and went to the build site, but could not complete past 30%.

Shark7 -> RE: Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources (12/16/2011 2:53:47 PM)

Eventually your freighters will haul the necessary resources to the construction ship. This is the reason constructors have a docking component. [;)]

Theluin -> RE: Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources (12/16/2011 3:02:42 PM)

Yes but waiting for a freighter takes forever. A quicker way is to tell the constructor to move to some nearby spot and then order it to repair the unfinished station. It'll go and pick up the needed resources and then finish building the station. From my observations this only happens if your constructors have too little cargo space or there is a resource shortage in your empire. So you could try to add a few more cargo bays to your constructor design to avoid the problem in the future [:)]

Shark7 -> RE: Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources (12/16/2011 3:06:03 PM)

And while that works, I'm not into micro-managing my constructors, and the freighters will bring the stuff. So you can do nothing and still accomplish the goal, though it takes a bit longer.

Theluin -> RE: Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources (12/16/2011 3:18:14 PM)

It's just a difference of aproach to the subject [;)]

Gelatinous Cube -> RE: Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources (12/16/2011 3:20:17 PM)

I am certainly a fan of the do-nothing approach to constructors. It is more than possible to run your economy at any level of detail purely through the expansion planner. Especially since the latest patch improved construction ship queueing.

Decepticons -> RE: Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources (12/16/2011 3:25:01 PM)

Thanks all, in the past I'd just been scrapping the base and re-starting the construction, hoping the constructor would find the needed resources this time. Good to know I can stop construction and simply repair to finish the base. Early in the game seems like cargo ships are taking their sweet time getting supplies to construction ships, so that's the easiest solution for me. 

Evrett -> RE: Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources (12/16/2011 8:46:31 PM)

My const shipips dont like to pick up fuel for themselves :(

feelotraveller -> RE: Construction Ships Fail To Pick Up Proper Resources (12/16/2011 10:22:51 PM)

That's pretty strange. You seem to be having some refueling issues. What version are you running? Normally constructors will refuel when they pick up materials for their next job. Only reason I can think that they would not is if your spaceport is out of fuel.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI