Why do constructors do this? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Fenroo -> Why do constructors do this? (12/16/2011 6:03:50 PM)

When I give a constructor a mission, it flies back to my capital system before starting to build- even if it's already in the system where I want something built.

Is this a bug or WAD?

J HG T -> RE: Why do constructors do this? (12/16/2011 6:07:59 PM)

The constructor ship gets resources to manufacture the components, which are used build the ordered space station. Can't build stuff from nothing in DW. [:)]

Fenroo -> RE: Why do constructors do this? (12/16/2011 6:21:36 PM)

I see....thank you

Can it pick up the resources it needs at any colony? Space port? How does that work?

Dab42 -> RE: Why do constructors do this? (12/16/2011 6:41:23 PM)

It will go to the spaceport which is nearest to the place where it is building.

Not sure if it checks to make sure the correct resources are available, probably it does.

Fenroo -> RE: Why do constructors do this? (12/16/2011 6:42:54 PM)

OK so constructors carry resources for one job at a time I take it.

Makes sense. Thanks guys.

J HG T -> RE: Why do constructors do this? (12/16/2011 6:45:50 PM)

Nearest colony with available resources will be used. A space port shares planets stock, so space port is not necessary to utilize planets resources. Space port have better docking facilities, construction capabilities and other useful features though.
You can check the resources and other stuff at any planet from the planets screen.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

feelotraveller -> RE: Why do constructors do this? (12/16/2011 7:41:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: J HG T

Nearest colony with available resources will be used.

This was not always true in RotS. I often watched constructors go to spaceports which lacked some of the resources they needed for their next construction. Their pathing was rather strange. I think it was go to spaceport nearest build location. I watched, for example, one constructor which was at a moon of my homeworld (which had no resource shortage) go to another system which lacked some of the build resources and then onto the build location. It travelled the two shorter sides of a pretty much right angled triangle. Hence it actually travelled further than it would have if it had simply gone to the homeworld spaceport AND it got to the build location lacking resources it would have otherwise had. I'll watch more closely in my next legends game to see if this is still the case.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI