HQ units and bonus (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Kaiser85 -> HQ units and bonus (12/21/2011 12:35:23 PM)

Hi guys
I have to change the command to some american divisions on the continent, from restricted West coast(R) to another usable command, in order to use these divisions.
Now, my questions is, because the command, corps and army HQ units confer several important bonus during the fight, what kind of command I have to choose for the divisions in order to exploit the bonuses? Can I choose a different command respect the HQ (for instance XI US bomber command) or Do I must to choose the same command of the HQ unit engaged in the fighting?
The issue is relevant, because if I choose a command within the same "big" command (west coast(R)), I'll pay about 500PP, while if I choose another command out of the big command I have to pay 2100PP. Huge =(
I hope that my question is clear.

Have a nice turn ;)

castor troy -> RE: HQ units and bonus (12/21/2011 2:24:16 PM)

no matter under which command you put your unit, it will get a bonus (or not if the die roll fails) from any HQ in range. Means, choose the "cheap" one.[;)]

Kaiser85 -> RE: HQ units and bonus (12/21/2011 2:59:56 PM)

Coool Thanks, is it the same also for the air units?

castor troy -> RE: HQ units and bonus (12/21/2011 3:11:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kaiser85

Coool Thanks, is it the same also for the air units?

it is. Even if others may still think or say it would matter to set your squadrons to the same HQ the base has or the HQ that is present at the base, it DOES NOT matter. Been tested to death...

PaxMondo -> RE: HQ units and bonus (12/21/2011 3:28:00 PM)

Only matters for in game "flavour".

dr.hal -> RE: HQ units and bonus (12/21/2011 7:43:00 PM)

I hate to raise this issue, but doesn't it matter in relation to a coordinated air strike? If the units are all under one command and even better from a single base don't both of those factor into the coordination die roll?

LoBaron -> RE: HQ units and bonus (12/22/2011 6:41:30 AM)

It only matters that the squads you want to coordinate have the same HQ.
The presence of an HQ does increase coordination, but which HQ that is, is irrellevant. As irrellevant as for which target that HQ is preparing.

cverbrug -> RE: HQ units and bonus (7/28/2012 4:05:39 PM)

Is it really irrelevant for which Target a Corps/Army/Cmd HQ iq preparing for getting a combat bonus?

(so its only relevant for infantry/ground combat units, to have a target hex set then?)

michaelm75au -> RE: HQ units and bonus (7/29/2012 4:53:33 AM)

HQ assignment is used differently between air and land/sea units.

HQ assignment is more important with air groups as it affects various things as replacements/upgrades/co-ordination/etc.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI