Bridge question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps

jonpfl -> Bridge question (12/28/2011 2:05:04 PM)

All,

When attacking a unit on a bridge, is it like attacking a unit on a river?

Thx
jonpfl

James Ward -> RE: Bridge question (12/28/2011 6:31:22 PM)

I believe so.

Rood -> RE: Bridge question (12/29/2011 5:10:15 PM)

If the unit is on a bridge on a river hex (and the ground isn't frozen) it is treated as being as on a river and therefore a penalty will apply when attacking/defending.

There are a few scenario's/maps in the DLC's that have a bridge on a lake and then there is no penalty (I believe this to be a bug).

jonpfl -> RE: Bridge question (12/29/2011 5:39:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rood

If the unit is on a bridge on a river hex (and the ground isn't frozen) it is treated as being as on a river and therefore a penalty will apply when attacking/defending.

There are a few scenario's/maps in the DLC's that have a bridge on a lake and then there is no penalty (I believe this to be a bug).

Do you know the penalty by chance?

I am wondering if it is worth it to attack a city/town from a river or try to cross and come from behind. I am still working on the Poland/Lowlands scenarios

Thx
jonpfl

James Ward -> RE: Bridge question (12/29/2011 6:06:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonpfl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rood

Do you know the penalty by chance?

I am wondering if it is worth it to attack a city/town from a river or try to cross and come from behind. I am still working on the Poland/Lowlands scenarios

Thx
jonpfl

It depends. Sometimes you have no choice. Also if you can clear the hex with your attack then you can move other units over the bridge and protect you unit on the river from counter attack.

Rood -> RE: Bridge question (12/30/2011 8:04:16 AM)

If you attack from a river hex then the defender gets a +4 for it's defense and a +4 for it's (counter) attack (if the defending unit actually does shoot back is still dependant on the initiative difference between attacker and defender!).

So it's harder for the attacker to score a kill and it's easier for the defender to get a kill.

In general it's a very bad idea to attack from a river hex, not only is it harder to inflict damage on the defender your unit will probably suffer heavy losses as well, and then in the defenders turn it will again gain a +4 to it's attack and defensive values.
So make sure that if you cannot bring units across the river that the units on river hexes have a artillery unit adjacent to them so then can give defensive fire.

In most cases I try to plan ahead and avoid attacking from a river hex, unless I can soften up the defending unit with air and artillery attacks and can wipe out the enemy so I'm not a sitting duck.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI