Carriers - How much can we increase an Air group (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

WITPPL -> Carriers - How much can we increase an Air group (1/3/2012 2:02:11 PM)

Gents,

What is a safety margin to increase carrier's air group and still have them operational?

10 or 15% above factory limit?

WITPPL -> RE: Carriers - How much can we increase an Air group (1/3/2012 2:10:05 PM)

My test is showing that it is 13,8% ....

Weird number.

LoBaron -> RE: Carriers - How much can we increase an Air group (1/3/2012 2:15:55 PM)

Hm, officially its 10% of total CV capacity.

WITPPL -> RE: Carriers - How much can we increase an Air group (1/3/2012 3:09:34 PM)

I was able to put 82 aircrafts on shokaku. 72 is a factory setting.

Cavalry Corp -> RE: Carriers - How much can we increase an Air group (1/3/2012 3:10:50 PM)

Why is it set at 110% , if its orange do they all fly or do they suffer congestion.

I have always suspected that even in orange not all are flying?

Is there a limit on airgroups at 5?

Can KB airgroups re size before Jun 42

Cav

Puhis -> RE: Carriers - How much can we increase an Air group (1/3/2012 5:16:30 PM)

It's 15 %.

Manual, page 253
If the number of aircraft on board exceeds 115% of the ship’s capacity, only Transfer Missions can be flown.

Planes won’t make an emergency landing on another Carrier in such a way as to cause it to exceed 110% of the carriers aircraft capacity.

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry

Cav

No.

Cavalry Corp -> RE: Carriers - How much can we increase an Air group (1/3/2012 7:09:04 PM)

The strange thing is the screen allows you to specify a new size.

You can with the CVL AND CVE , just wondering why that was, talking scn 2 here.

Chickenboy -> RE: Carriers - How much can we increase an Air group (1/3/2012 7:09:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry

To follow Puhis' response above, I'd answer this as "yes and no".

No, carrier airgroups cannot formally resize before June 42.

However, many of the KB airgroups (sized as they are on December 7, 1941) are understrength. These can be increased in terms of numbers of pilots and airframes as soon as practical for the player.

Cavalry Corp -> RE: Carriers - How much can we increase an Air group (1/3/2012 8:32:36 PM)

I wonder why they were understrength at all - they were making a suprise attack -

spence -> RE: Carriers - How much can we increase an Air group (1/3/2012 9:29:10 PM)

quote:

I wonder why they were understrength at all - they were making a suprise attack -

In its infinite wisdom the GHQ had ordered the production of D3As amd B5N2s halted so that the factories might be used for Judys and Jills. Problems with those programs which prevented production were ignored so Japan started the war with no replacements for either its pilots or the aircraft they flew (other than Zeros). The shortage of replacement a/c was still quite manifest 6 months later during the Midway Operation.

Cavalry Corp -> RE: Carriers - How much can we increase an Air group (1/4/2012 8:32:44 AM)

OK thanks - you learn something new each day...

dr.hal -> RE: Carriers - How much can we increase an Air group (1/4/2012 4:04:16 PM)

In terms of size of air group aboard a carrier, I believe it is one squadron above a certain level. For a fleet carrier it is 5 (one above 4) but I'm not sure what it is for CVLs or CVEs... As I recall the Long Island could take two separate squadrons, albeit SMALL ones.... Thus I don't think one can place a recon squadron aboard a carrier without using up that one more squadron slot... sad... as a recon unit would be very small. I wonder why there is a squadron limit on carriers? My guess is to reflect the squadron limit found on airfields. But this is regularly violated in relation to a damaged or sunk carrier's aircraft seeking another platform to land on. Oh well. Hal

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI