Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Canoerebel -> Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/4/2012 6:35:43 PM)

Gents,

Sometimes we need a break from the game and from the forums.

Sometimes, it is bad form to draw attention to folks that prefer or need to remain out of the limelight. (This would be the lesson from the great American novel, To Kill a Mockingbird.)

This might be one of those occasions, but I nevertheless cannot help myself but to offer a public plea to the Moose to return to the forums. He is a good Moose. He is a Yankee Moose. He is a (relatively) newly married Moose. He is a Moose that does cool AE "Crossing the Line of Death" experiments. He is a Moose that concedes that those who play against the AI are witless denizens of a forgotten and despondent underclass (okay...I may have exaggerated on that one).

Come back, Moose!

Sincerely,

Canoerebel

Schanilec -> RE: Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/4/2012 6:49:12 PM)

Bullwinkle come back or the squirrel gets it. No?[;)]

LST Express -> RE: Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/4/2012 6:50:22 PM)

Guess this thread is a Moose call.

Grfin Zeppelin -> RE: Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/4/2012 7:14:06 PM)

[image]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l304/Sterntaenzer/moose-on-the-loose.jpg[/image]

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/4/2012 7:19:28 PM)

He probably WANTS to come back but he is standing next to the Christmas tree with his hands out to help roll up the garland.

"Honey, did you like the gold and sliver theme this year?"

"Yes, lovely dear."

"I'd like to go burgundy next year, it's richer. What do you think?"

"Yes, burgundy, good idea, dear."

"Are you listening?"..."Honey, are you LISTENING?"

"Palembang, PALEMBANG!.....What dear?"

Grfin Zeppelin -> RE: Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/4/2012 7:26:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

He probably WANTS to come back but he is standing next to the Christmas tree with his hands out to help roll up the garland.

"Honey, did you like the gold and sliver theme this year?"

"Yes, lovely dear."

"I'd like to go burgundy next year, it's richer. What do you think?"

"Yes, burgundy, good idea, dear."

"Are you listening?"..."Honey, are you LISTENING?"

"Palembang, PALEMBANG!.....What dear?"

I´d say "watch the mines and PTs hun" [:D]

Hmmm burgundy....I love it.

witpqs -> RE: Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/4/2012 8:00:42 PM)

Come on Moose, this forum has the best salt licks around!

[image]local://upfiles/14248/6DC71F95737645B48714130538CBE0ED.jpg[/image]

Chickenboy -> RE: Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/4/2012 8:01:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Come on Moose, this forum has the best salt licks around!

[image]local://upfiles/14248/6DC71F95737645B48714130538CBE0ED.jpg[/image]

[:D]

jeffk3510 -> RE: Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/4/2012 8:11:18 PM)

If you give a Moose a Muffin...

Chickenboy -> RE: Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/4/2012 8:23:42 PM)

I'm just hoping that Paralaphostrongylus tenuis didn't get him...[:(]

[image]local://upfiles/6968/27C136D9997F48B8BF8287D57D46FE12.jpg[/image]

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/4/2012 8:31:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Gents,

Sometimes we need a break from the game and from the forums.

Sometimes, it is bad form to draw attention to folks that prefer or need to remain out of the limelight. (This would be the lesson from the great American novel, To Kill a Mockingbird.)

This might be one of those occasions, but I nevertheless cannot help myself but to offer a public plea to the Moose to return to the forums. He is a good Moose. He is a Yankee Moose. He is a (relatively) newly married Moose. He is a Moose that does cool AE "Crossing the Line of Death" experiments. He is a Moose that concedes that those who play against the AI are witless denizens of a forgotten and despondent underclass (okay...I may have exaggerated on that one).

Come back, Moose!

Sincerely,

Canoerebel

"The Call of the Wild Moose Resounds Throughout the Land!!!!!"

"ARRROOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

(Nope, that's the diving alarm . . .)

I'm touched, but isn't this thread really just a plea from within for a new PBEM game where you DON'T get to bathe in Palembang oil? (I hold it myself in my November 1945 fantasy game. Oyl can be pretti tasti.)

A number of recent threads has given me pause to think about how I spend my time. I do read the forum as a Guest to see what you company of clowns are up to, but Im not tempted to post without my trusty cookies in operation. I'm still doing damage by "helping" Alfred (he also gives me cookies and a "good boy" on occasion), and PMing hither and yon. But right now, this winter, I'm still trying to learn WitE (makes me really appreciate AE), read something besides TV Guide, work out (yeah, right), make soup and homemade bread, and think about starting to write another novel.

I don't doubt I'll resume posting at some point when the forum enters its next phase, whatever that might look like, but for now consider me the crazy uncle up in the attic, looking out for approaching Reds and sneaking downstairs after midnight to eat your Oreos.

Oh, yeah, one more thing . . . "Pearl Harbor", that wonderful, wonderful movie, can't be shown too many times!! Yeah, baby!!!

(Is CR still twitching?)

P.S. If that's what you got from "Mockingbird" you ought to re-read it. [;)]

Chickenboy -> RE: Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/4/2012 8:34:05 PM)

Maybe I was right. Maybe the brain worms did get him?

Nikademus -> RE: Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/4/2012 8:34:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

[Oh, yeah, one more thing . . . "Pearl Harbor", that wonderful, wonderful movie, can't be shown too many times!! Yeah, baby!!!

Honey....fetch me my rifle. There's a critter in our back yard braying like Ben Aflick.

Grfin Zeppelin -> RE: Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/4/2012 8:37:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

quote:

[Oh, yeah, one more thing . . . "Pearl Harbor", that wonderful, wonderful movie, can't be shown too many times!! Yeah, baby!!!

Honey....fetch me my rifle. There's a critter in our back yard braying like Ben Aflick.

[sm=happy0065.gif]

Chickenboy -> RE: Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/4/2012 8:37:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus
Honey....

I hope you're not addressing me that way, mister...[:-]

On second glance, your note is clearly "in reply to Bullwinkle58". Carry on.

nashvillen -> RE: Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/4/2012 8:41:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

I'm just hoping that Paralaphostrongylus tenuis didn't get him...[:(]

[image]local://upfiles/6968/27C136D9997F48B8BF8287D57D46FE12.jpg[/image]

Is this a tropical disease? or just something close, so you are a fan of it? [:D]

dorjun driver -> RE: Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/4/2012 9:03:56 PM)

This Møøse won't bite my sister will he?

Canoerebel -> RE: Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/4/2012 9:10:08 PM)

I think Chickboy's schematic shows that if a moose ingests a snail it will poop pencils.

Canoerebel -> RE: Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/4/2012 9:13:22 PM)

quote:

P.S. If that's what you got from "Mockingbird" you ought to re-read it. [;)]

That's one of the things I've taken from the novel, which I've read perhaps half a dozen times. That's the conclusion that Scout draws near the end of the book - why it would be a "sin" to bring attention to Boo Radley. Since that idea is stated plainly, it doesn't take a reading wizard to recognize it, but there's a valuable lesson to be learned. Sometimes it really is sin to kill a "mockingbird."

But there are deeper lessons to be learned from the book, of course. I'm pretty "concrete," though, so I quite often miss the abstract.

Chickenboy -> RE: Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/4/2012 10:15:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

I think Chickboy's schematic shows that if a moose ingests a snail it will poop pencils.

The deeper, darker question is why they eat snail poop, but I'm a literalist. [:'(]

Omat -> RE: Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/4/2012 11:38:22 PM)

Hello

Moose is always welcome....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAsYwW7pt7o

Omat

jeffk3510 -> RE: Online Petition to Lure Back Bullwinkle (1/5/2012 2:13:46 AM)

"good good, so good"

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI