Japanese Road Construction Engineers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Capt Cliff -> Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/9/2012 7:32:21 PM)

Can Japanese Road Construction Engineers build roads?

d0mbo -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/9/2012 7:48:57 PM)

No.

Grfin Zeppelin -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/9/2012 8:17:46 PM)

Lemme check the game package if they talked about intuitive unit managment [:D]

d0mbo -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 10:10:11 AM)

Perhaps my snawer was a bit too short.

In the real deal, I guess they did build roads. In WITP you can't build (rail)roads to upgrade your infrastructure. Alas, since the engineer units were called this way, they have been given this unit name. I *think* there are also tax collector units in China somewhere. Make no mistake, those DO collect taxes, but it's just not simulated in this game. Perhaps something for a new patch :-)

Cheers,

d0mbo.

awaw -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 12:00:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: d0mbo

In the real deal, I guess they did build roads. In WITP you can build (rail)roads to upgrade your infrastructure. Alas, since the engineer units were called this way, they have been given this unit name. I *think* there are also tax collector units in China somewhere. Make no mistake, those DO collect taxes, but it's just not simulated in this game. Perhaps something for a new patch :-)

Cheers,

d0mbo.

quote:

In the real deal, I guess they did build roads. In WITP you can build (rail)roads to upgrade your infrastructure. Alas, since the engineer units were called this way, they have been given this unit name. I *think* there are also tax collector units in China somewhere. Make no mistake, those DO collect taxes, but it's just not simulated in this game. Perhaps something for a new patch :-)

Or maybe the tax collection was simulated in the game, just that it collected gold, and not HI/engines/planes/Manpower, hence you cannot see it. Definitely a problem for the tracker guys to look into and see if it is another similar scenario like the mines not showing up in game :D

Gridley380 -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 2:04:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: d0mbo

In the real deal, I guess they did build roads. In WITP you can build (rail)roads to upgrade your infrastructure. Alas, since the engineer units were called this way, they have been given this unit name. I *think* there are also tax collector units in China somewhere. Make no mistake, those DO collect taxes, but it's just not simulated in this game. Perhaps something for a new patch :-)

Cheers,

d0mbo.

d0mbo, did you mean to say you CAN build (rail)roads or you CAN'T build railroads?

PaxMondo -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 2:20:21 PM)

In AE you cannot build roads/railroads.

Durbik -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 2:29:10 PM)

Is that the famous TAX POLICE REGIMENT you're talking about? They even have some armored cars! It must be hard to collect taxes in occupied China...

d0mbo -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 2:54:51 PM)

Gridley:
Sorry, I should have sticked to my short answer! :)
I meant: you can't. Edited for everyone's convenience.

cohimbra -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 3:40:05 PM)

-

Capt Cliff -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 4:43:08 PM)

LOL!!! So they are cotton candy. So no bridge over the river Kwai!!?? [8|]

Gridley380 -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 5:22:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt Cliff

No you can build that bridge... and it will last exactly as long and carry just as much cargo as it did in the movie. :-)

mike scholl 1 -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 5:30:51 PM)

quote:

Can Japanese Road Construction Engineers build roads?

Don't feel bad Cliff. I think every single player on the forum had the same thought the first time they saw these units. "Really? I can finally build the Burma Railway and the Ledo Road!" Only to have their hopes crushed.

HansBolter -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 5:35:36 PM)

That limitation swings both ways as the Americans are not allowed to build the road through the Klondike to Alaska that they actually did build.

Chickenboy -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 6:23:35 PM)

quote:

They *are* quite useful units, make no mistake about it. They serve as engineers squads for building forts, airbases or ports, it's just that they've got funny names.

obvert -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 7:16:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

That limitation swings both ways as the Americans are not allowed to build the road through the Klondike to Alaska that they actually did build.

The ALCAN wouldn't help too much. It would most likely be a long yellow road anyway. I've been up it and we had to replace the windshield when we got back from all of the gravel that hit it on the way.

Gridley380 -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 7:44:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

True, though the roads built behind the Allies in the Burma campaign were much more significant - by the time the ALCAN Highway was finished the need for it had mostly passed.

LoBaron -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 7:46:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

They *are* quite useful units, make no mistake about it. They serve as engineers squads for building forts, airbases or ports, it's just that they've got funny names.

"I´m sowy Sir, thats a misunderstanding,...no...no we do not build woads, no. And now, where exactly do you want that runway...?"

Capt Cliff -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 7:49:13 PM)

Oh yes the units are useful but not having RR and road build capability is like buying a card board cutout puzzle and finding out your missing pieces.

Gridley380 -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 7:55:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

"I´m sowy Sir, thats a misunderstanding,...no...no we do not build woads, no. And now, where exactly do you want that runway...?"

"Fine. I want you to build 20 runways end to end..."

Gridley380 -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 7:56:14 PM)

quote:

Oh yes the units are useful but not having RR and road build capability is like buying a card board cutout puzzle and finding out your missing pieces.

I am puzzled at this lack in a game that otherwise has a superb logistics model.

Capt Cliff -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 8:10:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gridley380

quote:

I am puzzled at this lack in a game that otherwise has a superb logistics model.

Yes I too am perplexed. There are a lot of "things" missing from and other wise fine simulation.

zuluhour -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 8:34:46 PM)

award for longest thread for shortest answer[:D]

obvert -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 10:43:50 PM)

I'm no programmer, but from what I understand I'm not sure the engine would support a map that changes over time during the game. If you want more roads, I believe there are some mods with different maps that include things like the Thai - Burma railroad.

The game is what YOU make it. It's not perfect, but it is pretty complex and very stimulating. Especially if you start playing other humans.

SuluSea -> RE: Japanese Road Construction Engineers (1/10/2012 11:36:22 PM)

I'd love to have a map that shows an updated road and rail network that gets phased in over the duration .

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

The game is what YOU make it. It's not perfect, but it is pretty complex and very stimulating. Especially if you start playing other humans.

Absolutely 100% accurate!![:)][:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI