RE: 75 Political Points for 1E LB -> 2E LB (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

medicff -> RE: 75 Political Points for 1E LB -> 2E LB (1/19/2012 8:52:21 PM)

I agree with the PP cost for changing upgrade path and I like its function.

Question I have is that you pay PP to change the path once should be enough. You shouldn't have to pay again once you switch and want the newer version of 2E or 4E bombers on the new path the next time you change the same group.

SuluSea -> RE: 75 Political Points for 1E LB -> 2E LB (1/19/2012 9:01:23 PM)

It took me a little time to warm up to this but I've come to the conclusion that this is a great idea. There will be less planes in the air on the Japanese side in '42 then I had earmarked for upgrade in the past because of PP restrictions but it's the right thing to do. I don't think it hampers or helps either side , the prepared player will reap the benefits and that's how it should be.

pompack -> RE: 75 Political Points for 1E LB -> 2E LB (1/19/2012 11:39:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: medicff

Question I have is that you pay PP to change the path once should be enough. You shouldn't have to pay again once you switch and want the newer version of 2E or 4E bombers on the new path the next time you change the same group.

When you switch and pay, you are asked if you want to retain the old opgrade path. If you switch fro 2E to 4E and keep the old path, you can change back to 2E without charge but changing to a new 4E will cost you again. Generally I switch to the new path.

medicff -> RE: 75 Political Points for 1E LB -> 2E LB (1/21/2012 8:09:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: medicff

When you switch and pay, you are asked if you want to retain the old opgrade path. If you switch fro 2E to 4E and keep the old path, you can change back to 2E without charge but changing to a new 4E will cost you again. Generally I switch to the new path.

That makes good sense. Thanks I will need to select in future.

oldman45 -> RE: 75 Political Points for 1E LB -> 2E LB (1/21/2012 9:35:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

Michael, how about basing the PP cost on something like
2 * [max # of a/c in unit] * [# of eng of the new a/c] / [# of eng of the old a/c]?

Based on the above formula upgrading from

16 max a/c Banshee Group (1 eng) to B17 (4 eng) would cost
2 * 16 * 4 / 1 = 128PP

16 max a/c Marauder Group (2 eng) to B17 (4 eng)
2 * 16 * 4 / 2 = 64PP

27 max a/c Susie Group (1 eng) to Helen (2 eng)
2 * 27 * 2 / 1 = 108PP

and so on.

Would make upgrading to an airframe with more engines more expensive than
upgrades to same number of engines, while taking number of a/c to be upgraded into account.

I think I could live with that. As an Allied player I try to keep the type of planes a squadron flew the same.

Omat -> RE: 75 Political Points for 1E LB -> 2E LB (1/23/2012 9:30:29 AM)

Hello

Maybe the formula should be change because I could abuse it by the resizing function.

e.g.:

2 * 27 * 2 / 1 = 108PP

now I am resizing the unit to 9 a/c

2 * 9 *2 / 1 = 36pp

now I can resize the unit again to 27.

Omat

quote:

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

Michael, how about basing the PP cost on something like
2 * [max # of a/c in unit] * [# of eng of the new a/c] / [# of eng of the old a/c]?

Based on the above formula upgrading from

16 max a/c Banshee Group (1 eng) to B17 (4 eng) would cost
2 * 16 * 4 / 1 = 128PP

16 max a/c Marauder Group (2 eng) to B17 (4 eng)
2 * 16 * 4 / 2 = 64PP

2 * 27 * 2 / 1 = 108PP

and so on.

Would make upgrading to an airframe with more engines more expensive than
upgrades to same number of engines, while taking number of a/c to be upgraded into account.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI