Some suggestions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Unity of Command Series

robc04_1 -> Some suggestions (1/16/2012 6:26:54 PM)

I am only in the first scenario of the Axis campaign, but so far good job on the game. Almost all information is at your fingertips. The tutorial and manual do an excellent job of explaining the mechanics. So far I have two suggestions:

1) Show the movement range of an enemy unit when it is selected. All the information is there for us to manually figure it out (movement points and terrain). It would be nice to select an enemy unit and see how far they would be able to move.

2) Show the combat odds even if the selected unit isn't adjacent to the enemy the mouse is hovered over. Again, the information is there for us to manually calculate how the combat should go, but it would be much nicer to see it automatically. Sometimes whether you move a unit depends on how it would fair in combat against a unit at that location. I want to know if my unit would get squiched before I use his movement points to go to that location. I suppose that some of the info wouldn't be readily apparent since you wouldn't necessarily know what hex we would attack from. Maybe you could take a best guess, or allow the user to 'draw' the path from his unit to the unit being considered as a target by:
- select your unit
- move mouse from hext to hex until you get to the potential target hex
- hover over the potential target.
Yes this would be a little clunky and I knwo the designers focus is on simplicity and elligence, but it is better than not having the information at all.

Is there a point to posting stuff like this over at the official Unity of Command forum in addition to over here? Do the devs visit this forum as much as the officail one?
Thanks

2xTom -> RE: Some suggestions (1/17/2012 5:18:09 PM)

Hi Rob,

for suggestions like this it's actually best to join our beta test group. This is where most of the action happens, as members who participated in pre-release testing can confirm. We will be calling for testers soon(-ish) as we're working on both a new campaign and a substantial update to the core game.

Regarding your concrete proposals, both have been discussed on the beta group and are actually on my "wish list". They're not near the top however and the reason is UI as you correctly noted... I'm keen to keep it uncluttered and prefer to be conservative when adding to it.

robc04_1 -> RE: Some suggestions (1/17/2012 5:58:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2xTom

Hi Rob,

for suggestions like this it's actually best to join our beta test group. This is where most of the action happens, as members who participated in pre-release testing can confirm. We will be calling for testers soon(-ish) as we're working on both a new campaign and a substantial update to the core game.

Regarding your concrete proposals, both have been discussed on the beta group and are actually on my "wish list". They're not near the top however and the reason is UI as you correctly noted... I'm keen to keep it uncluttered and prefer to be conservative when adding to it.

Thanks for the reply and congratulations on a good game. Time to tackle the second scenario!

demyansk -> RE: Some suggestions (1/17/2012 10:28:45 PM)

Nice job guys on this game, it is refreshing and doesnt take an entire day to play a game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI