Two design errors: no increased capabilities by awards and limited strengthening (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Tech Support

RPKUPK -> Two design errors: no increased capabilities by awards and limited strengthening (1/23/2012 4:39:05 PM)

Once again in the new version of Panzer Corps when units get awards--initiative, attack, defense, etc., one cannot tell afterwards which unit has what increased capabilities. When one right clicks on a unit the values should reflect that. Consider adding some marker on the unit to reflect that! This should be fixed!!!
Next, I've played through the Campaigns, '39, '40, '41, and there is a unit strength limitation on the units no matter how well they perform, yet there are many enemy units at higher numbers--14's and 15s. The maximum unit strength is 13. This should be fixed!!!
Once again that annoying glitch that prevents you from deselecting an air unit--you have to move the mouse cursor to the game edge to click there and deselect the unit. Fix!

goodwoodrw -> RE: Two design errors: no increased capabilities by awards and limited strengthening (1/25/2012 10:26:19 PM)

Unit strengths have been mention before. I think in all the campaigns the Russian front is the only one that unit strength of 14 and 15 are seen. I think LZ gave explanation that they are Russian conscripts. If memory serves me correct they seem to be easily defeated.

El Condoro -> RE: Two design errors: no increased capabilities by awards and limited strengthening (2/6/2012 11:42:18 AM)

Right click away from a unit to deselect.

KerenskyLI -> RE: Two design errors: no increased capabilities by awards and limited strengthening (2/7/2012 4:17:06 AM)

Maximum unit strength is tied directly to unit experience. 1 Star unit has a max of 11, 2 star max is 12, and so on. The Soviet units, however, don't follow the same rules. The conscript infantry is the primary example of over-strengthed units that do not match their experience rating, and the DLC campaigns have only brought more of these over-strength soviet units to the battlefield.

As has been mentioned, they are typically pretty easily defeated though, as they are generally low quality units with low experience.

As for hero representation, it has been a sore point for a long time, hopefully in a future patch (or expansion) we'll get around to addressing it.

4key -> RE: Two design errors: no increased capabilities by awards and limited strengthening (2/20/2012 9:07:22 PM)

Name your unit. There's plenty of historical examples to choose from.

For myself, so I don't name my tank "Spot", I'll frequently save and replay a units attack until I get the bonus I want.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI