Intercepting Partison Night supply (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room

wdkruger -> Intercepting Partison Night supply (2/2/2012 3:27:04 PM)

I set a couple of squads of fighters to "night", in the hopes of intercepting partison resupply. However, I never have observed seen a battle result suggesting that I have been successful. Is this not possible?

Also, in real life, night fighters were generally specially equipped aircraft (Mostly Me 110 and Me 410 IIRC). Does the success of night missions have anything to do with aircraft type?

Warren

JAMiAM -> RE: Intercepting Partison Night supply (2/2/2012 5:17:30 PM)

The Soviet night supply missions are not reported by battle icons for the Axis player. This is to keep the locations of the partisan units secret, until the become active and start destroying rail lines. The only way to know whether your night fighters are doing anything is to check the number of air-to-air kills on the air groups each turn. This is tedious, but it will give you an idea of whether you're doing anything.

carlkay58 -> RE: Intercepting Partison Night supply (2/5/2012 2:00:05 AM)

As a Soviet player, trust me that your night interceptors can be quite effective at times. I did not realize that the Axis do not get the battle reports from them, but it does make sense in FOW games.

Farfarer61 -> RE: Intercepting Partison Night supply (2/5/2012 10:05:12 PM)

as a related note, when the Russians get C47s ( range 500, capacity 10,000) flying Night Supply in 1943 plus, things get 'sad'.

Denniss -> RE: Intercepting Partison Night supply (2/5/2012 10:31:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Farfarer

as a related note, when the Russians get C47s ( range 500, capacity 10,000) flying Night Supply in 1943 plus, things get 'sad'.

Both range and payload will be reduced in the next aircraft update to ~410 miles (extended radius) and 6400lbs (load).

stone10 -> RE: Intercepting Partison Night supply (2/6/2012 1:12:18 AM)

That's why it seems my fighters don't do anything to soviet transport plane when I playing Axis.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI